Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
A Sew Day >

A Sew Day

A Sew Day

Old 12-05-2009, 02:01 PM

I didn't know it snowed in Houston either, especially 5". We got a few snow flurries yesterday, that was about it! I am ready for a snow day, I live in the country and told my boss, if the weather is bad I am not comin in to work! Last yr on Christmas Eve, we were to work 1/2 day, we had an ice storm, I tried going in to work about 30 miles, went off in a little ditch, damaged my car and still had to take a vacation day! Not doing that again! I learn pretty quickly,hard but quick! ***Let her snow*******************
Old 12-05-2009, 07:21 PM
Power Poster

We might be getting a few flurries tomorrow. We don't get many snow days here. Not because there is no snow but because here in the midwest we just have to live with it. I want a snow day too.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:53 PM

Agreed, the weather here in Il has to get bad to get a snow day! Usually tons of snow or high winds with snow. Ice will do it too! No fun if you got to get out in it!They are calling for 1-3" here
Old 12-06-2009, 05:32 AM

I'm here in Georgia on the east coast but I am originally from Orlando, so I know how it is.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by dizzy
YOU'LLcan have your snow I've seen enough of it in mylife time.
The year i was in the 7th grade we were snowed in for six weeks.that was in 78,an then 83 we had another big snow.
I lived in Indiana in that state for forty years.an now live in Arkansas an if they get snow here it don't last long enough to even make snow men hardly.An I love the warmer temps.
Dizzy,Where in AR are you? I'm in Fayetteville.....Hog home ga
Old 12-06-2009, 05:46 AM

The year i was in the 7th grade we were snowed in for six weeks.that was in 78,an then 83 we had another big snow.
I lived in Indiana in that state for forty years.an now live in Arkansas an if they get snow here it don't last long enough to even make snow men hardly.An I love the warmer temps.
Dizzy,Where in AR are you? I'm in Fayetteville.....Hog home games are nearly as bad as a snow day here. I hope never to repete
Old 12-06-2009, 05:47 AM

Dizzy,Where in AR are you? I'm in Fayetteville.....Hog home games are nearly as bad as a snow day here. I hope never to repeat "Ice storm 2009".
Old 12-07-2009, 05:15 AM

ok, so the snow was disappointing. we had heavy flurries in the morning and again in the afternoon and evening. just fun to watch; no snow anythings to build. i did leave work early though, and got to sew a while. it rained most of yesterday and i worked on three projects - will post some pics if i ever finish!

here's to a great week for everyone...
cindy