Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sew Easy Premium Quilting Thread >

Sew Easy Premium Quilting Thread

Sew Easy Premium Quilting Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 08:22 AM

Default Sew Easy Premium Quilting Thread

Has anyone used this thread for quilting? I can't seem to find much reviews about it. Just wondering about the quality.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01...f_rd_i=desktop
Old 07-02-2017, 08:49 AM
Power Poster

I personally do not like 50/3 thread for piecing and quilting. 50/3 cotton is a standard size sewing thread. For accurate piecing, Aurifil 50/2 works better for me (Prescencia 60/3 would be another good one). The latter are very fine threads, which means I can load more thread on the bobbin and have fewer bobbin changes. They are also very lint-free threads, which means I can go longer between cleanings of the sewing machine. For quilting, I prefer polyester thread (Glide) over cotton because it does not stiffen the quilt (I like to quilt heavily) and it adds a little sparkle.

I rarely buy 50/3 cotton thread of any kind anymore. I just think there are better threads out there for piecing and quilting.
Old 07-02-2017, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
I personally do not like 50/3 thread for piecing and quilting. 50/3 cotton is a standard size sewing thread. For accurate piecing, Aurifil 50/2 works better for me (Prescencia 60/3 would be another good one). The latter are very fine threads, which means I can load more thread on the bobbin and have fewer bobbin changes. They are also very lint-free threads, which means I can go longer between cleanings of the sewing machine. For quilting, I prefer polyester thread (Glide) over cotton because it does not stiffen the quilt (I like to quilt heavily) and it adds a little sparkle.

I rarely buy 50/3 cotton thread of any kind anymore. I just think there are better threads out there for piecing and quilting.

Thanks for your feedback. I use Aurifil for piecing and love it. Just thought I would look at less expensive options for quilting. I'll look int the Glide thread.
Old 07-02-2017, 12:31 PM

It never hurts to buy a spool at try it. I have found new threads I love this way. There are so many threads out there I prefer over aurifil but you have to try new things
Old 07-02-2017, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl View Post
It never hurts to buy a spool at try it. I have found new threads I love this way. There are so many threads out there I prefer over aurifil but you have to try new things

Very true. I was considering the 10 spool pack, but I can just buy one spool and give it a try.