Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Is the Sew Ezi Sewing Table really worth $249? >

Is the Sew Ezi Sewing Table really worth $249?

Is the Sew Ezi Sewing Table really worth $249?

Old 05-24-2011, 10:30 AM

I haven't seen a Sew Ezi -

Harriet Hargrave recommends the Safco Folding Computer table:

http://www.amazon.com/Safco-1935GR-F...=29S9L9P21R5EV

Which is about half the price and also portable. So I'm considering that for a future purchase.

Cheers, K
Old 05-24-2011, 10:57 AM
Power Poster

I bought a much sturdier table like this from Leah Day Designs for $249.00 W/Free shipping, got it in a few days. Google her name and see what she has.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:49 PM

Hi,

I have a Sew EZ table and I love it! Easy to haul to a camp or a class, but most of all I use it in my travel trailer! I also have a sunroom attached to my trailer and it works perfect in there, right height to sew and have my sewing space without taking up the dining table.
I sure love mine.
Bev
Old 01-03-2013, 10:45 AM

I am still thinking of having the hubby drill through my folding 6ft table and put a board underneath with bolts to support my machine instead of buying another table altogether Everyone is different though!
Old 01-03-2013, 11:18 AM

I LOVE my SewEzi table. I have had it for several years now and take it with me to several retreats and sew-ins every year. I can put the pedal to metal and the table does not shake. I also have several machines and they can all be used with that table - just need the right insert. I saved myself some $$ on the insert and found a local guy to make them for me for a fraction of the cost.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:42 PM

I just checked out the Lifetime Adjustable tables at buylifetime.com and they have one that looks very portable - 30" x 20" top and height adjustable - folds right up and only costs $50!
Old 01-03-2013, 02:46 PM

I have the Sew-Ezi table and love it. I got it for my Viking Topaz 20 - the insert for machine came with the table and I bought the board to close the opening and put the machine on top for when I use the embroidery attachment. The table is very sturdy. It is made from wood with a laminated top. Do you have a LQS that you can talk with? Maybe they can order it retail. But then there isn't the custom to your machine insert which which is included in the $249.00, and it has wheels, and a custom cover to protect it when you put it away or take it with you. It is not light weight. It said the shipping is on top of it for up to $35.00 - so not sure if it would go up for Hawaii, it wasn't noted. Also, they only mention sales tax for California. So maybe that would be a savings to you too.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:05 PM

I could have purchased anything but when I visited the vendor booth for Sewezi to sit at it and try it out, I was sold. It is light enough to really be portable. Slick so my tops slide across the top. The insert is easy on and off with enough room underneath to reach my bobbin. I have two inserts and use a heavy book to raise the Featherweight to the right height rather than taking the shelf on and off.

It does not shake, has saved my neck and arms, is easy to move around my room, etc.

It was expensive but so much more versatile to me than a fixed and heavy cabinet. None of the others met my needs. I sew on this stand every day.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:54 PM

Almost all the women in one of my sewing groups have this table, they purchased multiple inserts so they could travel with different machines. If I had the $ I would get one with inserts for my featherweight and 301 just to take to class.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by Chiclet View Post
I just checked out the Lifetime Adjustable tables at buylifetime.com and they have one that looks very portable - 30" x 20" top and height adjustable - folds right up and only costs $50!
Just checked Target.com and this table (presumable the same one) is $33 plus tax/shipping. For me, that makes it about $46.

Right now, I have my Featherweight sitting on my Horn cabinet that houses my Husqvarna machine. It's doable, but it's in the way when I want to use both machines (I don't have a walking foot for the Featherweight, so any quilting needs to be done on the other machine). I would love to have something like the Sew-Ezi but I just can justify the price. Since I only use the Featherweight for piecing, it doesn't have to be sitting flush with the table top.

So I will probably get this one and give it a try.