Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sew Kind of Wonderful >

Sew Kind of Wonderful

Sew Kind of Wonderful

Old 06-08-2019, 10:01 PM

Years ago when Jenny created this ruler she was the one who did the videos but now someone else does. I bought it when it originally came out and I was one of those who was terrified of sewing curves I made the table runner first and was surprised that it wasn't as bad as I thought. Right after I made a small wall hanging, I just pulled it out recently thinking about using it again.
Old 06-08-2019, 11:47 PM

I haven’t tried those. I have done improv curves and really like the freedom and interest.
Old 06-09-2019, 07:27 AM

I made one of the quilts in the "Urban" series and it was a Lot of curves. As I mentioned above, I made it for my daughter and she loves it still. I think with patience and determination, anyone can overcome the fear of curves and be successful using their patterns and the ruler! [ATTACH=CONFIG]613688[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails quilt-steph.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 06-09-2019 at 10:35 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 06-09-2019, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by wildyard View Post
I made one of the quilts in the "Urban" series and it was a Lot of curves. As I mentioned above, I made it for my daughter and she loves it still. I think with patience and determination, anyone can overcome the fear of curves and be successful using their patterns and the ruler! [ATTACH=CONFIG]613688[/ATTACH]
I really like this one. It is scrappy but with the background neutral and black stripe it ties it all together.

After i was here, I saw their pattern Posh Penelope and that is so striking. It is something I want to set as a goal after I complete a few UFOs.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 06-09-2019 at 10:35 AM.
Old 07-30-2023, 05:47 PM

Question Wonder Curve Ruler / QCR ?

Hello
Does anyone know if you can use the Wonder Curve Ruler to make the QCR patterns?
Old 07-31-2023, 12:50 AM

I took a class a few years ago and bought a book and the ruler. Made one quilt which I like, but have only made a small table topper since. I guess I'm just not a specialty ruler person.
Attached Thumbnails fall-table-topper.jpg  
Old 07-31-2023, 05:11 AM

I have the QCR. Made a couple of quilts and forgot about it. But I enjoyed the process and bought the longarm ruler which I use a lot. Looking at the 2 rulers side by side on Sew Kind of Wonderful's website, it looks like the Wonder Curve has a much steeper curve so it wouldn't work with the QCR patterns without a lot of geometry and redesigning.