Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sew Kind of Wonderful >

Sew Kind of Wonderful

Sew Kind of Wonderful

Old 06-06-2019, 03:33 AM

Default Sew Kind of Wonderful

Has anyone tried the sew kind of wonderful ruler for making curves? How difficult is it to master this technique? What about the patterns? Thanks
Old 06-06-2019, 05:18 AM

I have been quilting for 15 years. Never tried curves (I was intimidated) until I came across the sew kind of Wonderful curved ruler and project book one month ago. In the course of a weekend, I made a quilt top with 80 curved pieces and it was easy and fun. And with excellent results! All the curves came out without a single pucker and the units lined up.
Old 06-06-2019, 06:26 AM
Power Poster

The Sew Kind of Wonderful youtube channel has lot of tutorials. I bought the Posh Buddy pattern to make a modern wall hanging for local quilt show. It uses the mini curve ruler. I love using specialty rulers.
Old 06-06-2019, 09:05 AM

I've made 3 different quilts with their ruler and, once you get the hang of it, it's really not that hard. Do watch all their videos for the how-to because it's confusing at first.
Old 06-06-2019, 08:59 PM

I've made a couple of shop samples for one of my LQSs. The patterns are well written and I enjoyed making the quilts.
Old 06-07-2019, 03:28 AM

Thinking on specialty rulers, I came across the twister rulers and patterns in my sewing stash yesterday. Those were all the rage awhile back. They were fun but you sure better keep your wits when those were cut out but not sewn together yet!
Old 06-07-2019, 04:05 PM

I used it to make one of their patterns and it was very doable. I still haven't found a way to use the curved scraps tho. Any suggestions?
Old 06-08-2019, 03:41 AM

I have made several of their quilts. As others have said they aren't difficult. The curves are gentle enough that the are easy to sew. I am not one to read directions. I had to read them several times to wrap my head around them. The videos are very helpful. Just make sure you line up the ruler where they say and go for it. Their pattern pictures don't do them justice. They are beautiful quilts. I once followed a link from a picture on Pinterest to their site. I still wasn't convinced it was the correct pattern. It turned out beautiful.
Old 06-08-2019, 03:17 PM

sounds interesting, I feel intimidated by curves. Might try.Thanks for the challenge.
Old 06-08-2019, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by leakus View Post
sounds interesting, I feel intimidated by curves. Might try.Thanks for the challenge.
I was also intimidated by curves and probably would not have tried it except that it was the pattern my daughter chose for her quilt, so I had to try it.