Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing Cabinet Furniture help >

Sewing Cabinet Furniture help

Sewing Cabinet Furniture help

Old 01-26-2014, 09:40 AM

Two years ago I bought a cabinet from Allbrands.com. It was made by Perfexion and it came assembled in a semi truck. I got a cabinet with 4drawers,a extension on the back and lots of room on the left for 1200.00.
Old 01-26-2014, 03:58 PM

I don't know if you object to ordering from an internet site or not but SewVacDirect has a large selection of too.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:00 PM

I also have a horn and am very happy with it. Koala is nice but it is probably the most expense (other than custom). If you get one that your machine will set down in so that you have a flush sewing surface you will be in heaven. One thing to consider is your sewing machine weight - make sure the cabinet will handle it. Probably not a problem unless ou have one of the new and larer machines OR if you plan to upgrade in the future.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:05 PM

I would love to see pictures of your tables and room if possible... sounds lovely and very practical.

Originally Posted by mpspeedy2 View Post
Sounds like you are looking for a custom job that could cost you a lot of money. While I don't do much in the way of machine quilting that is bigger than crib size my system works well. I purchased two six foot fold up tables from Staples or Office Depot. My husband, a machinest, hack sawed enough off of the legs to make one of the tables just 27 inches. This allows me to use my free arm Bernina with a slide on clear acrylic table to make it just the right height to sew comfortably. The first slide on table that I purchased from Nancy's Notions broke. My husband was able to use the legs from it to make me another, larger one from a piece of clear acrylic. If I have to work on something large I can set up another smaller table behind my sewing table to hold the extra weight. In the mean time I can store lots of needed items under the clear addition and see just what is there. This setup also allows me 18 inches of space to the right of my machine for pin cushions extra supplies etc. etc. There is even room on the right side for a three drawer storage unit that holds thread and extra sewing supplies under the table. My owners manual, accessory box and other paperwork are on top of the storage unit. The second six foot table I set up against the wall facing the same way as my sewing table it holds my two embroidery machines and has plenty of space underneath for lots of storage units with thread, extra hoops etc. etc. I can be running one or both of my embroidery machines while I am sewing on my regular machine and access either set up just by revolving In my rolling revolving office chair. While I possess lots of embroidery software I rarely do much with it on the computer which is also in the same room. But it is there if I need or want to use it. Before we added another bedroom on to our home 20 years ago, what is now my sewing room was two smaller bedrooms. First we took down the wall dividing them and then we made one corner into a half bath. That room was our master bedroom for several years. After our daughter moved out we made it my sewing room. I spend a lot of time there. If I ever get around to taking photos and learn how to post them I will do so. I have to straighten it up first.