Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
sewing chairs >

sewing chairs

sewing chairs

Old 07-25-2015, 02:35 PM

Default sewing chairs

does anyone have the wood Arrow sewing chair? What do you think of it?
Old 07-25-2015, 02:48 PM

The one with the casters and the colorful fabric? It is cute but I would love to have the Koala one.
check weight limit on any chair.

sandy
Old 07-25-2015, 03:20 PM
Power Poster

Welcome to the board. I selected my chairs for sewing by how comfortable they were for me and my back.
Old 07-25-2015, 06:18 PM

They are adorable . . .but aren't height adjustable, something to consider if you have long legs or your sewing cabinet/table isn't standard height.

I have two Koala chairs that i find quite comfortable because they have much needed lumbar support.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:39 AM

Was not familiar with this chair, so I searched, went to website and smiled......my long gone singer sewing machine in a cabinet came with a chair of that same design-not scalloped front ----- and no wheels....I still have it, have re- uped the seat/back several times...like it because seat is the lid of a neat storage box........it fits on a table that I use for the xtra s/m......hmmm, going to see if I can somehow but wheels on it..... I was surprised by the cost of new......
Old 07-26-2015, 04:51 PM

That is a cute chair. The old chairs like that fit me well and gave good back support. I think I would go somewhere that has it and try it out first. May be just the thing for you. So many of us are used to chairs now that have wheels, I don't think I would like one without wheels, maybe they have some with wheels, I didn't notice.
Old 07-26-2015, 06:13 PM
Power Poster

The problem with wheels at the sewing machine is that all the threads that make their way to the floor (missed the garbage can!) eventually end up wound tightly around the chair wheels. Pretty soon those wheels don't roll any more.
Old 07-27-2015, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
The problem with wheels at the sewing machine is that all the threads that make their way to the floor (missed the garbage can!) eventually end up wound tightly around the chair wheels. Pretty soon those wheels don't roll any more.
Just like the vacuum cleaner.....occasionally have to turn upside down, take scissors and tweezers and pull!......all gone(for while, anyway)
Old 07-27-2015, 05:02 AM
Power Poster

I do this with the ones in the kitchen also. Our chairs have casters and daily dog hair. I have one old pair of hair shears with a long thin blade.
Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
Just like the vacuum cleaner.....occasionally have to turn upside down, take scissors and tweezers and pull!......all gone(for while, anyway)
Old 07-27-2015, 05:33 AM

They are very cute. I would want to sit in one first. I really like wheels and height adjustment on my sewing chair. I find I like to be at different heights depending on what I am sewing. When I machine applique and FMQ I find I like to sit higher up than for regular piecing. Chairs are really individual comfort for each person. I have been looking at one of the ball chairs that comes with wheels and is height adjustable. I would love to find a store that carries them so I cna try one.