Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing and embroidery machine >

Sewing and embroidery machine

Sewing and embroidery machine

Old 05-10-2013, 05:39 PM

I love my Pfaff. The IDT (duel feed) is a great feature. I have a 2144. I love to embroidery with it.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:48 PM

I have the Janome 6600P for sewing and quilting, I have the Viking Topaz 20 which so far I have used only for embroidery - but it does sew and wonderful for quilting too. If your friend wants to do Disney designs she needs to go with a Brother machine, not sure which one, but it is the only one sanctioned by Disney, so it is something to consider.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:57 PM

I love my Baby Lock Ellisimo. It has been the best purchase that I have made. Ever!
Old 05-10-2013, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by morelcabin View Post
Brother all the way...very easy to use, never any problems. I have the 950D, and the 6700 Quattro. Love my brother machines!
Yes, yes, yes, love my Brothers
Old 05-10-2013, 07:57 PM

I think most of us have our favorite brand of machine so she needs to check out several brands. I have been debating on whether I should get into machine embroidery or not. I have been cautioned if and when I buy to remember, if you get 1 machine that does both sewing and embroidery, you can only do 1 thing at a time. If you have 2 machines, you can be sewing while your embroidery machine is working away. Something to think about while shopping.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:01 AM

I have a brother sewing and embroidery machine from Wal mart and I love it. It sews nice and I have never had a problem with it. Good luck with what ever you decide.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:58 AM

I have a Viking Topaz. If you can afford to get a Ruby or Diamond go for it. They sure do a lot more than the Topaz, but mine is doing all that I can get into right now. A reliable machine. Best to you and enjoy the choice you make. Take classes and grow.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:06 AM

I noticed that no one has mentioned software for the embroidery part of the embroidering process. I purchased the first embroidery machine that Bernina sold a long time ago. It uses little memory cards. In the last couple of years I purchased a Brother PE780D embroidery machine because it uses both the little memory cards and a USB stick. I have literally thousands of dollars tied up in embroidery software on CDs that I would not be able to access without the USB access. Years ago I purchased a Magic box for that purpose but on my newer desktop computer there is no where to plug in the Magic Box to transfer the designs to the USB stick. I also prefer the separate embroidery and sewing machines as I can get a lot of embroidery done while I am sewing. I was lucky that the Bernina embroidery machine I purchased was created with a Brother patent. That is why the two machines use the same operating system, PES.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:08 AM

I started with a Janome Marie Osmond Quilter's Companion and the Janome 200 embroidery machine. LOVE the MO, like the 200 embroidery machine, but found that I wanted to do more than the 4x4 fields. So this spring I splurged and got the Janome 9900 and LOVE it!!! Yes, it's a combo machine, it has a slightly larger throat, but not the 11 inch of some of the others, but it is an awesome machine. I had gone in to demo the 8900 that hubby and I had decided I needed and ended up with the 9900. First thing that I did was to design an embroidery piece in the software. Fun, fun!
Old 05-11-2013, 08:55 AM
Power Poster

I love my brother innovis 2800D. And my bernina 640