Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing....halted! >

Sewing....halted!

Sewing....halted!

Old 01-29-2014, 06:57 AM

Get another one and it will magically reappear. Seems to happen to me.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:01 AM

It's there, you have layed something on top of it. Happens to me all the time. A scrap of fabric,or piece of paper is hiding it!!
Old 01-29-2014, 07:17 AM
Power Poster

The $9 steam iron at General Dollar works great for pressing seams. Walmart has the same iron for $6 but not in stock all the time. I use these irons for doing fusible or glue work.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by bigredharley View Post
want to talk poltergeist? I had a red knit afghan we used in the family room almost every day. All of a sudden it's gone. I've looked in every room and closet in the house. the only 2 people that live here are hubby and me, and he was on a business trip. I've been going nuts trying to find it.
Did it fall behind the sofa/chair that you normally use it? I'll fold up the afghans and lay them over the top edge of the back and sometimes they'll slide off behind the sofa. Just a thought.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:19 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by bigredharley View Post
want to talk poltergeist? I had a red knit afghan we used in the family room almost every day. All of a sudden it's gone. I've looked in every room and closet in the house. the only 2 people that live here are hubby and me, and he was on a business trip. I've been going nuts trying to find it.
Have you checked the washer and dryer? The car? I can empathize.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:30 AM
Power Poster

Since I got another machine, I wanted to make sure I kept the feet separated. I have a square magnetic bowl you can get at any sewing store. It fits in the tray that came with my 401. For my newer Singer I found a long narrow (3 1/2") magnet that fits just right into the accessory tray. It's very thin. Anything small and metal goes into a magnetic bowl (from Harbor Freight). I have a lot of magnets around but at least they're not going to shift or get carried off by little critters who like to loot.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:58 AM

Here is a limerick I learned: Tony, Tony look around. Something is lost and can't be found. Say this over and over and over. It'll turn up.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by 117becca View Post
LOL!!! That's too funny!! I am not real good at putting things away where they belong. If I were, then I could find them later...sigh!!
Same here. I do have a place for MOST everything, but instead of putting things back where they belong, I drop them into various baskets I keep on the sewing table and on the nearby machine. So when I "lose" something, these baskets are the first places I look.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:15 PM

All great suggestions and thanks for sharing in my tragedy! LOL! Amazon emailed that my new Rowenta shipped already. I also thought of picking up a pre-owned iron at one of the many resale shops we have. I am sure the new iron will arrive before I get the chance to shop. Oh well, a break is not a bad thing I guess. Glad to be in such good company on the misplaced items. Losing The afghan was really weird.... Crazy world!

sandy
Old 01-29-2014, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
The $9 steam iron at General Dollar works great for pressing seams. Walmart has the same iron for $6 but not in stock all the time. I use these irons for doing fusible or glue work.

GREAT IDEA!!
Sandy