Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sewing Machine Frustration

My Babylock Quest Plus is less than a year old and needs to go BACK into the shop for the 3rd time. It was picked up Wed and we went out of town until yesterday so today is the first day I turned it on. Worked great almost all day even if the spring that came loose was not put back in. Shop kept the spring, said they did not know where it goes. Almost done for the day when the built in walking foot broke, the latest on a growing list. Shop is 45 minutes one way and I work all day Tues and Wed.

Blog Entries
    I think I'd be asking the store to replace it.

wish I could just return it and get my money back!

I have a Babylock Quest Plus and love it. I had to take it in for a new computer board, and was skeptical; but has been working just fine. I love it! Sorry to hear of your bad fortune!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brushandthimble
    My Babylock Quest Plus is less than a year old and needs to go BACK into the shop for the 3rd time. It was picked up Wed and we went out of town until yesterday so today is the first day I turned it on. Worked great almost all day even if the spring that came loose was not put back in. Shop kept the spring, said they did not know where it goes. Almost done for the day when the built in walking foot broke, the latest on a growing list. Shop is 45 minutes one way and I work all day Tues and Wed.
    I think a shop that told me they didn't know where to put a loose spring back wouldn't fill me with a lot of confidence in their abilities, somehow. I hope they sort things out for you soon.

Blog Entries
    Sounds like you might have got a lemon. Push for a new machine coz Baby Lock has an outstanding warranty. My Espire has been purring like a kitten.
    Hope your quest for the Quest brings good results.

Hi,
    I have so much trouble with machines!! But I have to say, I have the Janome 6300 and I have been very happy with it. FIngers crossed, salt thrown over shoulder. For the price of these machines, I think they should not only work, but also get up and make me breakfast in the AM!!!

Best of luck, I hope they can replace it,
    Nancy

Check with your Attorney General's office to see if there is any type of Lemon Law you can use to get a totally new machine or your money back.

How do they not know where the spring goes, they worked on it. Sorry, sounds like they don't know what they are doing. Are they authorized to work on babylocks. I'd go to a different shop if I were you. Maybe contact babylock with your problem if its still under warranty, you might be able to mail it to them directly to fix if you aren't confident in your dealer. That's one thing to always think about when buying from dealers is what their ratings are. Not all are authorized babylock dealers

Blog Entries
    I was thinking it might be time to contact the company directly especially if you have a warranty on the machine.

I would contact Babylock company now, especially since the repair people told you they didn't know where to put the spring! Bad, bad. Babylocks are good machines & a good company. Years ago I contacted them about a very minor problem & they immediately telephoned me! I was impressed.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    time for a replacement..contact Babylock NOT the shop!

Blog Entries
    I agree that not knowing where the spring goes back to would be a problem for me....you pay them for their work, whether thru the warranty, or to pay for a service call, it should be good quality work!! Hope things get resolved for you soon!

If you're having the machine serviced where you bought it, I'd be demanding a new machine. If you're going elsewhere you may have more problems getting a new machine from them. I'd be very skeptical about a shop that didn't know where a spring came from or which spring might be missing from a machine if it is an 'authorized' repair shop for that brand.

If you're having no satisfaction from the authorized repair center, I'd be contacting the manufacturer outlining the various repairs you've had done (scan in receipts if that is an option and attach them to the email) and demanding some type of retribution -- either reimbursement for all expenses or a new machine.

Thank you, I think I will try to email Babylock, which I was thinking about re: the spring before it broke again, then I was soo mad I think I forgot about it. They kept the spring. I called first thing this am and told them to mail it to me. Yes, they are an authorized dealer.

If Babylock has a phone number use it. Your Email will get lost in the shuffle. It is a lot harder to lose a customer when they are on the other end of the phone.

Blog Entries
    I am sorry to hear about your sewing machine.
    I bought and take mine to All Bands sew & vac, Babylock sellers and they fix sewing machines and vaccum machines. Richmomd,va.
    I think they have places all over. It's like a chain,
    where the workers are the owners.
    I sure hope you can get things handled, and get back to
    sewing.

tmg
    I think it is time for a replacement.

I am very interested in what all you have said. I have had problems with my Pfaff Creative Vision 5.0. It had to go back to the factory for the second time. Pfaff (SVP corp) notified my dealer that they will be sending me a new machine 5.5 upgrade. All these newer machines seem to have issues. I think they are being marketed before the bugs are worked out or there is not enough quality control.

The people who have suggested contacting the manufacturer directly or checking with the Attorney General's office are correct. I don't think I would have gotten a response had I not written letters and emailed. My dealer encouraged me to do so. She indicated there had been a 65% failure on the Creative Vision 5.0.

If these companies want repeat customers, they need to produce a dependable product and stand behind what they sell.

Blog Entries
    I agree with several mentioning the lemon law. It does sound suspect when they can't figure out where a spring came from.... I think that since the machine has a great warrantee, I would consider contacting the BabyLoc Company itself. I would express my frustration with the service of my local--or not so local--dealer.

I know I have shared my machine woes on this site as well. Best of luck! Hope you can get satisfaction so you are not using up all that wonderful sewing energy in frustration!

This sounds SO frustrating! I'm so sorry you are going through this hassle. They need to replace your machine. My Quest Plus is a DREAM to sew on; something is clearly very wrong with yours. Keep at the situation until you get what you paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by brushandthimble
    First thing I do if I'm planning on buying a new machine etc. I'd find out how qualified the local repairman is IF there IS a repairman. I got a real nut in a lqs. The shop is one of the best in the area but the repairman didn't know diddleysquat about repairs.

I would not trust them mailing the spring, I would go and pick it up and then contact Babylock and tell them my problem. You have alot of money invested in that machine and deserve GOOD service.

I attendend a Babylock convention in Mo. They do not let you work on their machines unless you take their classes. They teach you everything you should know and if the dealer does not know how to fix it then they are to call Babylock. I would contact Babylock themselves and tell them what has happened. They are very good at standing behind their machines.

I would definitely declare it a 'lemon' and insist that it be replaced!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast