Sewing Machine Light >

Sewing Machine Light

Sewing Machine Light

Old 08-17-2012, 10:44 AM
Power Poster

I use Ott lamps.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:53 PM
Banned

Thanks for all the tips! You guys are the best. I ordered the Bendable Bright Light from Amazon yesterday. The one I had before was the one with the electric cord. It shorted out where the cord went into the light, so I like that this is battery powered and half the price.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by DonnaR View Post
I bought a led strip of lights that stick under the throat of my machine. I bought them at a quilt show. They are not cheap but boy are they great.
This might be the Ecolux Lighting strip. Wonderful.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Peepers View Post
Thanks for all the tips! You guys are the best. I ordered the Bendable Bright Light from Amazon yesterday. The one I had before was the one with the electric cord. It shorted out where the cord went into the light, so I like that this is battery powered and half the price.
I have had the same problem with those lights. They have a serious issue with their cords.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by DonnaR View Post
I bought a led strip of lights that stick under the throat of my machine. I bought them at a quilt show. They are not cheap but boy are they great.
I, too, have several Ott lights which do their jobs well, but the LED light is PHENOMENAL!!! I got mine online from EcoluxLighting, LLC and they come with 3, 6, or 12 little light sources. I bought a couple as gifts for special quilting friends. Here is the website www.ecoluxlighting.com. Please note that I have no affiliation, I'm just very pleased with their product. It puts light exactly where you want/need it.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:41 PM
Power Poster

I have a florescent light on ceiling above my and forward a tad. I have another under cabinet florscent light mounted under a shelf plus machine light. These work good for me. I don't sew at night, except in the winter short days. I have a roll around dazor light that I use for quilting on gray days and evenings. I have three 100W light bulbs over the table also.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by barny View Post
I have an old cheapie that I bought at walmart. It clamps on the sewing table and I bend it the way I want it. I have 3 or 4 of them.
Ditto. I can bend them every which way, depending on what time of day it is. I love it! Plus I have an Ott light that helps, too. And 2 different overhead lights. I like my sewing area really lit up brightly.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:25 PM

I have two of the Bendable Bright Lights and have not had a single problem. Did you contact the company and complain that yours was defective??? Surely they would stand behind their product!
Old 08-17-2012, 08:48 PM

I found some really cheap LED lights the last time I was in Harbor Freight. Strips, Mighty Mites, several different kinds. One of them has 27 LED's - but it's really too bulky to use for quilting - I could use it for sewing - it has a hook on it so I can lever it on the spool pin or I can use the magnet in the back to stick it to the arm. Take a look and see what you can find.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:57 AM

Great tips! I haven't been to the HF that opened in my town, because I still have plenty of blades that I bought on-line. Now I'll have to go check out their LED lights - and roam around the store to see what else they have!