Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing machine moving >

Sewing machine moving

Sewing machine moving

Old 07-28-2015, 04:05 AM
Power Poster

The 4ft tables are very flimsy. I found the ones at Lowe's or Staples are so much sturdier. Be sure the machine is set near the corner of the table, not in the middle. I bought a mat from a Janome dealer that works great for when I go to a class and the tables are the plastic ones. It's like a 3/4" thick mouse pad.
Old 08-09-2015, 12:29 PM

Location: Inverness, Florida Lived in states MA (born/graduated) RI (twice) CA (3 times) MO (3 times) KY VA

Well, I knew I had some of that shelf liner in this house someplace and finally found it today. Covered the length of the table and the machine doesn't move anymore. Thanks. Also, I don't have a problem with the table vibrating unless I go way too fast and it's just a reminder to slow down. :-)
Old 08-09-2015, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by marcycn View Post
I'm set up with one of those 4' white tables you get in Walmart and have a devil of a time keeping it from sliding when I'm putting on a binding or going through layers with the batting. How do you all keep your machine still?

it's from wall-mart part of the problem.
you need a sturdier table and I have the ones from Staples. For parties. it's so strong you can sit on it.

if it's not the table you have a rumbling machine and as they said, get some non stick backing like the stuff you put under a rug ..
Old 08-09-2015, 04:23 PM

Walmart sells closed cell foam kitchen mats that are 1/4 inch thick. They are pricey between 12 to 20.00 but they work and they last. Mine is every bit of 8 years old.
Old 08-09-2015, 05:21 PM

for that price you sure got your money's worth. $20 not bad for what it helps.
Old 08-09-2015, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by notmorecraft View Post
I use one of the padded dish drainer mats, I bought them in Walmart (think about $6?)when I was in U.S. And covered the top with fabric to match the covers for my machines, unfortunately ran out of the fabric which I also brought from U.S. I got a nice new Juki over locker and it doesn't have a matching cover. The mat stops the machine moving.
I use the one intended for the dog's dish. It was cheaper than the dish drainer, and it has grippy material on the back.