Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sewing machine needle threader

Mine works on my Husquvarna if I have the needle position on a straight stitch, but of course I always use the 1/4" needle position. I get so tired of fighting with it all the time, so usually just thread myself.

Quote Originally Posted by FancyFoot
    My Janome threader works great as long as the needle is in the highest position
    I don't always succeed with with the threader, but I have found more success by not only having the needle in the highest position, but also by moving the needle position ONCE to the right. When all else fails, I use the white- paper- behind- the- needle method.

my Janome threader works when I use the Schmetz needles --if I use a Singer needle, I have to reposition the needle.

Quote Originally Posted by pee wee
    my Janome threader works when I use the Schmetz needles --if I use a Singer needle, I have to reposition the needle.
    Hmm, that's good to know. I'll try it on mine. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    I agree Loretta, however to give credit to the dealers when they deserve it....most of them take for granted that we know how to do all this stuff :? Now...when I walked in the dealers door..I told her that I knew NOTHING..that I didn't know how to sew and she had seen what I was sewing on previously, so she knew that I was a moron ...from the dark ages :lol: :lol: She did help me...A LOT!
    sandpat, you're toooo funny. :lol:

Aunt Luc,

Some needle threaders won't work if the thread is too thick. I had to read the fine print on my Babylock to figure that one out. Other than that, needle should be in highest position with the pressure foot down.

Quote Originally Posted by CindyBee
    Aunt Luc,

Some needle threaders won't work if the thread is too thick. I had to read the fine print on my Babylock to figure that one out. Other than that, needle should be in highest position with the pressure foot down.
    Thanks for trying to help with getting the needle threader to work...I still haven't had any success with it yet.
    Needle threaders should be more user friendly... :twisted:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2