Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
sewing a mess!!!!!! >

sewing a mess!!!!!!

sewing a mess!!!!!!

Old 06-23-2011, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by MrsM
Honey if you find out please let me know. I am the same way.
Me too!!! Start with a clean room and then it tore up when working on a project. BUT-----I can still find everything I need!!!!! :roll:
Old 06-23-2011, 08:56 AM

Well, I tried a major clean up job the last few months...trouble is, now I have to search to find stuff. It does look better, but, I didn't label the containers.:(
What I found while cleaning was LOTS of unfinished projects. Guess my goal now is to finish them up.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:36 AM

I just try to keep each project in its own bag or bags. I love to get the bigger grocery bags and sew a stray block over the logos. I can't keep to only one project at a time. My mind gets too far ahead that way. And If if could remember moms old adage of a place for everything and everything in its place I might be able to clean up more often. Now if I can just figure out where toput everything and then find it again.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:58 AM

My sewing room has a door on it and when I know someone is coming or the door bell rings and I answer the door when I leave the room the door goes shut behind me. Nobody is the wiser that it doesn't look neat.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:04 AM

My sewing room might look like a mess to other people, but I know exactly where almost everything is in it. It gets cleaned out about every 6 months or so. Otherwise I'm ok with it.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:11 AM

That is so funny Hevemi!! My son would probably say,"you could put a match to it"!!!!

I have no answer to "how to keep a rooom neat when you are sewing a project.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:44 AM
Power Poster

If you figure that out you could probably make a lot of money selling a book on how to do it. lol.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:51 AM

Are you a quilter? Than what is your problem? If it ain't messy than you are fallen behind! Too many UFO huh Well if not their should be Cause when I finish a project I clean up than I start another one Stays pretty straight and still looks like a quilter lives here Good Luck
Old 06-23-2011, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by bluteddi
I have determined that I thrive on choas.... and disorder...
Organize me and I can't find a thing and I get brain fog.. just afraid to touch anything and dont know where to start
I'm just the opposite--chaos makes me crazy and unable to concentrate. I make sure that when I stop for the day I straighten everything up and then I have a neat workspace to return to the next time I'm ready to continue on the project. I may spend a few more minutes doing this but it sooths my soul and that makes the time worth spending.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by bluteddi
I have determined that I thrive on choas.... and disorder...
Organize me and I can't find a thing and I get brain fog.. just afraid to touch anything and dont know where to start
I'm just the opposite--chaos makes me crazy and unable to concentrate. I make sure that when I stop for the day I straighten everything up and then I have a neat workspace to return to the next time I'm ready to continue on the project. I may spend a few more minutes doing this but it sooths my soul and that makes the time worth spending.

I keep double posting--sorry everyone!