Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My sewing room is a total mess........

My sewing room is a total mess........

Several women here have said in the past that my sewing room is to clean!!

To do any work in so I mucked it up.......This whirlwind of messiness was after I made a couple of outfits for our grand daughters who live in Tulsa, Ok.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Power Poster
    That doesn't even count as a slight mess!

Quote Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
    Well it's a start. I admit I do need to practice the art of a messy room. .....lol I wonder if the local Vo-tech college has a course on it.

My Dad was an Navy man, our rooms had to be ship shape. Saturday afternoon was room inspection after cleaning that morning. If something was out of place according to him.....It all went out into the hall and we started all over again.
    By everything...I mean beds dressers and everything in the closet. Some Saturdays 3 bedrooms full of stuff was in the hall. We live in a house that was the old Rectory for the Catholic church in town. The hall was huge....LOL
    Last edited by Chasing Hawk; 09-05-2012 at 01:21 PM.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

It looks like a nice "workable" creative space!!
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Quote Originally Posted by nygal View Post
    It looks like a nice "workable" creative space!!
    It is, my husband was the one who designed my space. He built all the painted cabinets, my cutting table as well as the built in desk in the closet. And the shelf that my fabrics are on above the embroidery machine.

Standing in front of Walmart begging for fat quarters
    Blog Entries
    How wonderful of him! And, erm, I do NOT see a mess. Besides, we all know a clean house id the sign of a broken sewing machine!
    From the artist formerly known as Missus Fear...Hi, my name is Tracy and I am a hobbyaholic.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/blogs/m...ear-79671.html

Love your sewing room. If my sewing room looked like that I would consider it almost immaculate. You have a really talented hubby -- he did a great job on your sewing room.
    QuiltnLady1

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Quote Originally Posted by Missus Fear View Post
    How wonderful of him! And, erm, I do NOT see a mess. Besides, we all know a clean house id the sign of a broken sewing machine!
    True, but I guess I am ill.

My sewing machines all work and the house is clean. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnLady1 View Post
    Love your sewing room. If my sewing room looked like that I would consider it almost immaculate. You have a really talented hubby -- he did a great job on your sewing room.
    Thanks, he did remodeling before he retired. So I benefit from all his creative experience.
    And he gets custom made quilts and clothes. So it's a good trade off.

Quote Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
    Agreed. You can still see the floor. Now get in there, young lady, and mess it up some more!! Throw those scraps over your shoulder like on TV.

piney

What a lovely workspace....and Chasing Hawk you learned your lessons well....I shall now get on with my housework and lift my game in the tidying department Thanks for the gentle kick in the tail!

That is not a messie room! (I do like your room) A truly messie room is one where you start to enter through the door by the lining room, stop, and decide to go through the dinning room, kitchen, and laundry room to try to get in through the mud room door. LOL Please do not ask me how I know about this! LOL

Blog Entries
    That's messy? I don't think so.

Nice sewing room but Not Messy at all
    May you always have Love to Share , Health to Spare, and Friends that Care!

Quote Originally Posted by Gramie bj View Post
    That is not a messie room! (I do like your room) A truly messie room is one where you start to enter through the door by the lining room, stop, and decide to go through the dinning room, kitchen, and laundry room to try to get in through the mud room door. LOL Please do not ask me how I know about this! LOL
    Haha!! too funny

Quote Originally Posted by earthwalker View Post
    What a lovely workspace....and Chasing Hawk you learned your lessons well....I shall now get on with my housework and lift my game in the tidying department Thanks for the gentle kick in the tail!
    Anytime, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by pinecone View Post
    Agreed. You can still see the floor. Now get in there, young lady, and mess it up some more!! Throw those scraps over your shoulder like on TV.

piney
    I tried that once. I scared the cat I think. .........lol

Blog Entries
    last winter I spent every spare minute for two weeks getting my sewing 'stash' sorted and it was a pain but so glad now....shopping in my stash is really convenient, and being able to find exactly what I need when I need it makes for more creativity, I do not have to stop and search for something. Guess I have become a convert to organization.

ok who went in there a cleaned up your sewing room? you need to fine the guilty and have a talk with them.
    and to think just as you were taking the picture is when it all happened Can you please send the bandit to my house
    when you are through with him.
    Gods Blessings
    Happy Quilting

You have a great looking sewing room. It is not messy, would only take a few minutes to right it. I have to keep my sewing room neat as I share it with four cats. I don't want them laying on my stuff messing it up. Neat is the way to go.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

You have a nice amount of storage in there. Doesn't look too hard to get back in order. Looks like fun to me.

Quote Originally Posted by M.I.Late View Post
    You have a nice amount of storage in there. Doesn't look too hard to get back in order. Looks like fun to me.
    I have a blast in there.

Quote Originally Posted by darlenedowns View Post
    ok who went in there a cleaned up your sewing room? you need to fine the guilty and have a talk with them.
    and to think just as you were taking the picture is when it all happened Can you please send the bandit to my house
    when you are through with him.
    I would but UPS doesn't ship cats. Kola usually keeps my sewing room tidy. Because she thinks it's her room.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
    You have a great looking sewing room. It is not messy, would only take a few minutes to right it. I have to keep my sewing room neat as I share it with four cats. I don't want them laying on my stuff messing it up. Neat is the way to go.
    A messy work area drives me bonkers. I can honestly say I have never "lost" my sewing machine due to a messy room. Although I did "find" a stash of Reese's peanut butter cups in a drawer. !!!!

Blog Entries
    Sorry - nice try, but you can't join the messy quilt room club just yet. Get back to work and let us see some real mess!!! Now Go!!!
    We are here to learn how to live in heaven - I'm still learning.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast