Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   My sewing room is a total mess........ (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/my-sewing-room-total-mess-t199644.html)

Chasing Hawk 09-05-2012 01:01 PM

My sewing room is a total mess........

3 Attachment(s)
Several women here have said in the past that my sewing room is to clean!!

To do any work in so I mucked it up.......This whirlwind of messiness was after I made a couple of outfits for our grand daughters who live in Tulsa, Ok.

bearisgray 09-05-2012 01:04 PM

That doesn't even count as a slight mess! :p

Chasing Hawk 09-05-2012 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray (Post 5493282)

Well it's a start. I admit I do need to practice the art of a messy room. .....lol I wonder if the local Vo-tech college has a course on it.

My Dad was an Navy man, our rooms had to be ship shape. Saturday afternoon was room inspection after cleaning that morning. If something was out of place according to him.....It all went out into the hall and we started all over again.
By everything...I mean beds dressers and everything in the closet. Some Saturdays 3 bedrooms full of stuff was in the hall. We live in a house that was the old Rectory for the Catholic church in town. The hall was huge....LOL

nygal 09-05-2012 01:23 PM

It looks like a nice "workable" creative space!!:thumbup:

Chasing Hawk 09-05-2012 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by nygal (Post 5493349)
It looks like a nice "workable" creative space!!:thumbup:

It is, my husband was the one who designed my space. He built all the painted cabinets, my cutting table as well as the built in desk in the closet. And the shelf that my fabrics are on above the embroidery machine.

sew_Tracy 09-05-2012 01:43 PM

How wonderful of him! And, erm, I do NOT see a mess. Besides, we all know a clean house id the sign of a broken sewing machine!

QuiltnLady1 09-05-2012 02:32 PM

Love your sewing room. If my sewing room looked like that I would consider it almost immaculate. You have a really talented hubby -- he did a great job on your sewing room.

Chasing Hawk 09-05-2012 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Missus Fear (Post 5493382)
How wonderful of him! And, erm, I do NOT see a mess. Besides, we all know a clean house id the sign of a broken sewing machine!

True, but I guess I am ill.

My sewing machines all work and the house is clean. LOL

Chasing Hawk 09-05-2012 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnLady1 (Post 5493452)
Love your sewing room. If my sewing room looked like that I would consider it almost immaculate. You have a really talented hubby -- he did a great job on your sewing room.

Thanks, he did remodeling before he retired. So I benefit from all his creative experience.
And he gets custom made quilts and clothes. So it's a good trade off.

pinecone 09-05-2012 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray (Post 5493282)

Agreed. You can still see the floor. Now get in there, young lady, and mess it up some more!! Throw those scraps over your shoulder like on TV.

piney