Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Sewing room Update/Not A Hoarder anymore.......

You go girl! I am off to my sewing room to go through every minute thing to pack up-moving at the end of the month, after having lived in the house for 7 years, there's lots of stuff in my built in drawers. All my fabric is boxed and ready to move. Threw out a lot of old patterns, going through lace,etc.

Blog Entries
    I know how you feel, my hubs and I just spent the day in the basement getting rid of all my kids stuff, they are all gone but forgot to take their stuff with. My one son is in college so his stuff has to stay a while longer, but he took all my sewing stuff and moved out of his way, now I'm showing him who is boss. But we made great progress.

Keep at it. Doing great

Keep up the great work Deb

Blog Entries
    I don't seem to make scraps. But I think if I did I would roll them and put them in shoe boxes tied with elastic

Blog Entries
    HOW on earth did you end up with so much stash??? That's amazing, that's wonderful, and now that's gonna be all organized. Mm-mmm good!

Seeing your room from the beginning makes me know I am not alone and it encourages me to begin working on my organization!! Thanks

Deb, you are an inspiration to us all. I know that if you can do it with all your challenges, I can too. Thanks for your wonderful spirit and sense of joy in all you do, whether sharing your stash & scraps or in organizing your sewing room. Sure wish I lived closer. Just went through 2 boxes of scraps for my kitty quilts. I adopted out 8 kitties over the last 10 days!! Back to the sewing machine for me. I need to get in my sewing room too and get it done before the kittens start coming in April, lol. I'll keep coming to you for inspiration, OK. Many blessings.

Good for you. I wish I could get some energy to do the same
    thing with my sewing room.

Oh my Debbie!! amazing progress :) and whoaaaaaaaa what a box of scraps!! You are such a inspiration to me

((kris))

Quote Originally Posted by Joanieu
    More pics - Added a couple more to the other reply but adding more here so I can add 3 at a time -

So good to know you had help as I would'a scream down the hallway !! LOL
    So go and enjoy your soak , u deserved it working up a sweat in straighening out that room but where is your sewing machine? Hope that wasn't lost in the fabric's. LOL

Ah man Debbie, your box of scraps made me drool!! I would definitely come help you if I were nearby, just to get my hands in that box. LOL..
    Hugs and smiles, you are doing an awesome job and I'm so proud of you for moving from hoarder to fabricaholic!!

Wow, you have been some busy ladies, it's looking very good, keep up the good work :D

Banned
    Blog Entries
    You deserve that hot bath and the wine!

You have been very busy. It's looking good!

Enjoy your shopping spree tomorrow!

Lots of fabric there. It will be so nice to get it all organized.

You are doing a great job-we are all cheering you on..... :thumbup: :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by debbieumphress
    Thanks. I thouht hoarders kept things in boxes and bags. I emptied plenty of them today and hubby was taking out boxes every 30 minutes. Now I am a fabricaholic. LOL. That sneaky Joanieu kept taking pictures and I have no idea what I am doing. I saw the flashes though. ROFL. The hallway still has quite a bit in it but I am still working and emptying one box/bag at a time. I cringe when I find more fabric. So sad.
    I know how you feel Debbie,
    I have been working on emptying out my finished shed that is filled with my teaching supplies I spent years collecting. I no longer teach and so I have set my shed up like a mini store and just went through another 9 boxes today of books and stuff. I am making major progress so I can set up my shed as my woodcarving studio and personal space. I have also decided to find an old TV free off of CL and have saved tons of my favorite movies on Tape to watch as I work out there. I have 2 nice stools, a little heater and am trying to find a good hutch top to sit on my maple workbench to hold the carving supplies and carving blanks. I just love organization.

It's looking good Deb, and that was so sweet of your friend to come and help you, you did so much work, now try and take it more easer, love your home it looks so inviting. :D

Dee
    Great Job! Looking real good. A window too. Bet you feel wonderful inside. Tired but accomplished.

You are making great progress! Just don't over do it so that you hurt yourself. Take breaks once in a while just to admire your progress and rest a bit. You don't have to finish it on a deadline. Your stash isn't going anywhere and will wait to be organized again as you feel better.

I can definitely see the floor now. LOL :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Looks like we might have some more sales in our future (hint hint!!) Good job...hope u both got some rest!

Blog Entries
    Debbie, I keep reading your threads and watching your progress and reading how you got to this point. Suddenly it hit me. You are not a hoarder, never have been. You are just a very busy and multi-talented person with a lot of irons in your fire with not enough time in a day to do all you want to do. You just got disorganized when you started clearing out and having sales and it got away from you. Most hoarders don't have all the drive and ambition to do the things that you do. They just collect. You're reorganizing now. That's your story and I'm sticking to it !!! :thumbup:

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Awwwwwwwwww Burnsk, you are so sweet to understand. I was so embarassed to post this but then again, I have seen so many others come out of the "sewing room" so to speak and it's been fun seeing how we all keep our wonderful getaways for quilting. And believe it or not, I can find things when I want them. I love your story and I will stick to it too. ♥♥

Wow, what a difference. Can I borrow Joanie?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast