Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Sewing room Update/Not A Hoarder anymore.......

You're making progress and that is a good thing. :-) Don't overdo and get too sore. Slow and steady wins the race.

Blog Entries
    At least you are getting started, I have yet to start but I will you have pointed me in the right direction. But I need a helper.

Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose Bagwell
    At least you are getting started, I have yet to start but I will you have pointed me in the right direction. But I need a helper.

Good job.
    Where in CA? I'm in the Central Valley. Is that close enough to help?

how cool is that? looking good!

Wow, this IS a lot of fabric! So are you putting yourself on 'no buy' this year to shop from your own stash?

Great job ... it is a lot of work straightening up our sewing 'studios'

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    What in the world is a "no buy" That is not computing. ROFL. I am planning to make project Kits up with fabrics and put them with a pattern. That way I don't sell what I need. And I am planning on about 75% of it finding new homes as I go. I am not advertising a sale because I do charity work and send friends things and trade too. Just saying, there is no way I can use it all in my lifetime so am trying to spread the fabric. LOL.

Your home is beautiful. At the rate you all are going your sewing area will soon fit right in there with the rest of the home. YOu are making great progress and I admire your hard work and persistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilrain
    Wow, what a difference. Can I borrow Joanie?
    Is there a Joanie living here in Central Florida? I would love company,suggestions, simple someone that talks, not barks,lol...
    to help me organize my tiny room. I was almost there and daughter
    with new husband moved in, so the room has turned into one of the many drop off spaces.
    Going to a guild meeting tonight, wouldn't it be great if they offered such services...

Blog Entries
    Holy moly!!!!

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Right? I went shopping today....no fabric. I bought two oak shelve units to start on one side of the room, then when those are replaced, going to buy more units. I made sure at Lowe's they had plenty of that oak and I can add. Eventually, the four walls will have matching units. I hate all the different shelves. These shelves and Box unit have about 6 different pieces to buy that can stack or open or store. etc. Might ahve a picture of the set I want here shortly.

It's looking awesome!!! It's so great you have a friend to help you. Keep up the excellent work :)

You are doing a great job Deb, Know how hard it is. My sewing room not so bad, but my car sits out in the weather while my carport is full of cartons of "stuff" from my downsizing house move - 3yrs ago. My kids just look at it and sigh. Know I have to go through it but...... sewings much more fun.
    Having a fun friend to help makes it better, keep well and good luck with the home run..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnie k
    Gee Deb I was going to send you some fabric to swap for that wonderful cross stitch book you sent to me but I think I will wait on that( ha ha )Maybe I could send some ben gay or something to sooth those weary bones after all that work you guys did. You are making great progress

lynnie k
    The hot bath and wine sounds a lot better than ben gay. LOL

it's looking GREAT!!! you've really made a huge difference!!

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I went to town to see my doctor today and had to go by and get two more storage units. Next pictures wil be when it is all done so might be a week or so. HUGS

Glad to hear you got into the doctor and are ready for two more storage units. Way to go!

Blog Entries
    Great job Debbie :thumbup:

Holy Smokes! You girls can do some serious straightening in an amazing amount of time! It took me three months to get the new sewing room set up by myself. Way to go joanieu and debbie!
    I am so happy that your sewing space is getting a make over. There is nothing like having a nice organized space to sew in. And I don't buy the same fabric and patterns over and over.... LOL!

I am so sad you are having pain issues deb. Yikes that arm really looks swollen. Bless your heart.

wow!!!!

wow!!!!

I hope this is in the basement. If not, is there a wt. limit for each room? You might have passed the weight limit for the house. hehe Now, you want to help me??????

I think you're still a hoarder, just an addition of the word 'organized' is needed
    (sorry, once you're in the "I'm a Hoarder" club, we need a lot of proof to let you leave us)

Quote Originally Posted by RugosaB
    I think you're still a hoarder, just an addition of the word 'organized' is needed
    (sorry, once you're in the "I'm a Hoarder" club, we need a lot of proof to let you leave us)
    It is like the mob, once you are in there is no easy way out. Maybe if you gave it all away. Like that may happen.

Probably so organized you won't be able to find anything now. lol. good job. :thumbup:

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    It's still coming along.
    RugosaB - so funny. I like clubs so will stay with ya'll. Once a hoarder, always a hoarder then. Just didn't want Peter at my house. LOL. Just getting it cleaned up now, soon I am organizing and labeling so I can find it. LOL.
    Of course, it looks like I may have more than two of each piece. LOL

This is a unit put together. More you can buy to add. And of course Bella has to check it out.
    Name:  Attachment-150592.jpe
Views: 18
Size:  70.7 KB

This is what I want when thru. The one part showing in the very front is one that has 5 x 5 bins. FQ's in here. And I bought two of the units on top of the first one shown tot he right of the vase.
    Name:  Attachment-151158.jpe
Views: 14
Size:  35.8 KB

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast