Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Sewing Room...Would you show us right now?

I saw a friend's blog and she posted pictures of her sewing room. She was all organized and neat. It made me think about my space. If I took pictures and shared I'm afraid people would die from all the clutter and mess. :D So it made me start to think....would I share pictures of what my space really looks like or would I tidy it up before showing anyone? Just curious if I'm the only slob... :shock:

I would need to tity first, it is in the state of being set up and there are piles of fabric all around.

NO. After I cleaned off my cutting table I might be prepared to.

Theres times when it looks like the Taz has gone through my place. LOL

Blog Entries
    I'm not showing my room!

total slob here, can't have anyone over slob, so sad. I wasn't pre- baby, but now who has the time not i

I would give it a general tidy , on the whole mine is not to bad ,I have my fabric's set out well , but then again it is my space and I love it , it is my idea of what heaven will look like . Cathy

No. My room needs a complete makeover. Having the time to do it would be nice.

A long while back there was a challenge with before and after pictures it was fun to do I will show mine if you show yours and no it was not neat and is worse now!!

Oh, my goodness, my room is such a mess right now. I have been going through my scraps to make applique leaves and pumpkins and since i don't have much orange I tore the scrap bins apart. Then while I was doing that I knocked over a couple of folders with patterns and print outs. Oh what a mess.

I would show you, I stay pretty tidy as I'm a little OCD and can't work in a mess.

Keep in mind my room is about 8x7 so quite small. I am being brave and showing you this.

Before
    Name:  Attachment-279748.jpe
Views: 122
Size:  51.3 KB

After
    Name:  Attachment-279751.jpe
Views: 103
Size:  63.2 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

i would share pictures but would rather tidy up first

I keep my room pretty tidy-it is a small room and it bugs me to death to have to use my sewing time looking for something. I'm not really a neat-nik by any means, it is more of a time issue that makes me keep my sewing room neat. I want to be able to put my hands on what I need and get right back to sewing!

Up North- You give me hopes for my room. I keep saying "After the next deadline I'm going to clean up" but there always seems to be another deadline.

No. I've been sorting what clothes of the kids to keep for fabric and it looks like the laundry room exploded. Its all treasures to me..but to anybody else it looks like a mess. Even hub doesn't get it..but he will when I get at least one quilt done with fabric I salvaged from grown out clothes. =)

I could show mine any time. I need order and organization to function properly. I would go absolutely nuts in a messy, chaotic, room.

A clean sewing room is the sign of a quilter who isn't sewing!

Quote Originally Posted by pattypurple
    Up North- You give me hopes for my room. I keep saying "After the next deadline I'm going to clean up" but there always seems to be another deadline.
    First thing I had to do was go thought my bookcase and dispose or pack up the things I no longer wanted then I folded my stash for the shelves meager tho it is! Just take one or two things a day and ala it all comes together!!

Blog Entries
    OH h-e-double hockey sticks NO!! My machine is in the closet in the bedroom(safe from the kids) and where my sewing area is going to be is piled with my stash! My hubby can't even see over said pile and he is 6'5"! I so want to get it cleaned up so I can start sewing!!

Well I'd show you a pic of my sewing room but right now it's in my dining room. We never use the room unless we've got guests over and then everything gets dumped in our office, lol

Hubby walks through shakes his head like today went to sit down on the couch and I had cloth all over that as well, he said it's like a virus it's spreading. LOL told him build me a sewing table and it will stop.

In the past my basement sewing room would have qualified for Hoarders. After a water disaster I had to totally pack up everything so the restoration people could come in and redo the ceiling, repaint and clean carpets. It's amazing how it changes your perspective. Now my room is totally organized and I love it. Of course I'm not deluding myself into thinking that it would have been that way if not for the water.

Quote Originally Posted by ontheriver
    I would show you, I stay pretty tidy as I'm a little OCD and can't work in a mess.
    I am the same. I have a very small space and if it gets too messy, I go bonkers and can't think. I have a shelf that has some clutter on it, but nothing too terrible. The most embarrassing thing about my sewing room is the hunky guy photo I have hanging on the wall! :lol:

Right now, mine is ok. Not great, but ok. I tend to clean up after finishing a project before starting the next one. However, don't look in it when I'm in the middle of a project!

My sewing room is a total disaster! I've been trying to reorgaize it since last fall, but there is always another project to work on.....

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast