Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing table >

Sewing table

Sewing table

Old 07-19-2009, 06:50 AM

The table is too small so you need to put other same highth tables around it to hold up the quilt.
Just dont buy the expensive plastic see thru tables that your quilt gets caught on. I spent 79 dollars for one and hate it.
Finally bought a big Bertha table with a lift cause my machine is so big. Most tables were not made for the big machines.
It was 500 dollars but worth every dollar. What a difference it makes with all the flat space for your quilt to lay on.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:01 AM
Power Poster

I use a small table to machine quilt and I put an ironing board adjusted to the table height at the left end of the table forming an L shape. It works fine to keep the weight of the quilt even. I have the table against a wall so the quilt can't fall off. I let it bunch up all around the machine. Many members of my quilt have the SewEZ table they bring to classes. They are nice and sturdy.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:56 PM

I have a SewPerfect table and it has been a great investment! I really like it because:
1. It is very sturdy, machine and table does not vibrate or move at all and it was easy to put together
2. It fits well into the area I have for it
3. You can mount your foot pedal with velro to the cross bar on the bottom
4. You can adjust the overall height to just right for you
5. It is functional at a reasonable price without all the unnecessary extras
6. You can add a shelf yourself using the side supports for more storage
Comments
If you live in New England , you may be able to pick it up at a lqs that has deliveries from the manufacturer in Maine and save the shipping costs
Please consider the Professional model (20" X 56") instead of the original - the 8" on the right side is great for thread, pincushion, etc.
A friend got the 56" and is glad she did - she is very happy with it
If you see it at a quilt show, you might be able to get a demo or "show price" or have the insert free or some other promo
Check their website or call them for this info
fabric=fun

Old 07-19-2009, 04:03 PM

Thanks for your input. I think you are right, I would enjoy the extra inches to the right of the machine. I am working with a corner so I am also looking at the front table extension. Do you have any advice on that piece? I live in central PA and we have a quilt show coming up in Hershey at the end of this month. Maybe the vendor will be there.
So many decisions....so many options.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:11 PM

From what I can see, they appear to be pretty sturdy tables. The rounded corners are very important. Will they make an insert for your specific sewing machine? Love the machine level with the table.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:17 PM

Looks like a really nice table! I'd go for it if I were you!
Old 07-19-2009, 05:00 PM

Yes, the cutout will be custom to my sewing machine.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:09 PM

365+9Thnaks for the link. I just watched a couple of gret videos. Will have to go back in when I'm not so tired.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:36 PM

jacquemoe - yes, the plexiglass insert is sized to your machine. Tony's Sewing Machines in Maine started making and offering these tables in just the past couple years when he felt there were few functional less expensive tables available. He has been in the selling and repair sewing machine business for many years - also sells industrial machines as well I believe. I think he has separated the two businesses but they are both his.
icandothat- I only needed the20 X 56 table as I had a small extension of my own that I put on the end (to the left). The friend I mentioned did get the 40 " extension that she has to the front of the table and it works very well for her.
My DH was willing to make a table for me to my specific needs/wants. After seeing this table, he felt the quality was so good for the price, it wasn't worth his making one if I liked this one.
I hope you get a chance to see before you buy.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:22 PM

On the internet, I have only seen the 20X24 extention for the front side of the table. I see the rear extension that increases the sewing bed. Which one did your friend get?
Did you get the light box? I have never had a "real" light box and am intrigued by how it fits into the insert.
Did you order directly from the manufacturer?
I still hope the vendor will be at the quilt show in Hershey next week.
Thanks for your input. It is exactly the kind of review I had hoped for.