Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing table >

Sewing table

Sewing table

Old 08-29-2010, 10:20 PM

Thanks again all of you. I read on another blog that someone had used a dining room table with a center leaf. They cut the leaf where the machine was at a good spot and just fit the 2 cut halves of the leaf around the sewing machine. (Build a support for the machine to sit on.) The leaf part in front could easily be taken out to change the bobbin, etc. Hubby looked at that and said he could do that and it wouldn't cost as much. On to some garage sales to find an old dining room table! We'll keep you posted!
Old 08-30-2010, 12:01 AM
Power Poster

I have a Bernina that sits in a Horn cabinet (with a lift built in) but I never use the lift in order to change a bobbin. If you want to use the lift, you have to take out the acrylic surround first, which means removing what you are sewing on. All I do is drop down the little door in the front, take out the bobbin and replace it. (Don't forget to shut the door after, otherwise some of them don't sew so well) My 1260 doesn't mind the door being left open, my 730E objects, and needs its door shutting.

With Horn cabinets, there is about 3in of the front of the cabinet before the cut out where the machine sits. Then you would need a shelf/support for the machine, set below at the right height for the bed of the machine. Also, it's possible to buy an acrylic surround that is precisely the right shape for your machine from Horn to fill in the gap. I have three different ones now. They all fit the gap in my Horn cabinet, but surround different machines. The Sewezi table people also sell acrylic surrounds for about every machine on the market.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:13 AM

I have a computer table with the piece in the front that stay level or drop down, have had no problems with using my front loading bobbin Bernina
Old 08-30-2010, 08:13 AM

I have a computer table with the piece in the front that stay level or drop down, have had no problems with using my front loading bobbin Bernina