Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Shape cut ruler and my bargello >

Shape cut ruler and my bargello

Shape cut ruler and my bargello

Old 12-08-2013, 08:07 AM

its going to be beautiful!! Glad its working for you. I like my shape cutter, too!
Old 12-09-2013, 05:52 AM

Your quilt is off to a great start and will be beautiful when you complete it-keep moving on. I also have MD in one eye so I know exactly what you are saying about the situation. I appreciate all of the comments made by others regarding this condition because there are nuggets that shed light on the condition and the struggle that goes along with it. Every day that I can sew and read is a blessing. My doctor is amazed at things I continue to do and so I keep on keeping on!
Old 12-09-2013, 06:01 AM
Power Poster

Looks like your on your way. I'm still in the color selection phase. The one I'm doing takes 31 fabrics and I am overwhelmed.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by quilterpurpledog View Post
Your quilt is off to a great start and will be beautiful when you complete it-keep moving on. I also have MD in one eye so I know exactly what you are saying about the situation. I appreciate all of the comments made by others regarding this condition because there are nuggets that shed light on the condition and the struggle that goes along with it. Every day that I can sew and read is a blessing. My doctor is amazed at things I continue to do and so I keep on keeping on!
I am glad you are able to "keep on going" too. Dwelling on eyesight that is gone is not too productive, huh.... Probably the biggest change I made when I lost the central eyesight in my right eye was that I "allowed" myself to buy any book that I wanted, cause I didn't know how long I would be able to read. So far it has been 15 years, and I have read a lot of books! (I used to be on a self-imposed book budget, as I am a bookaholic as well as a quiltaholic. )

Dina
Old 12-09-2013, 06:40 AM

It is beautiful. So glad you can do it. I think Bargellos are lots of fun.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:03 AM

I love the colors you have chosen, it's going to be really pretty.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:34 AM

It looks like you are going to have a beautiful quilt. Happy for you that you are able to do it.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Dina View Post
I am excited about my bargello quilt, as I was really worried about cutting the strips. I don't actually "see" a straight line because of my eyes (macular degeneration), and I have relied on my Shape Cut ruler for all my quilting. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to fold the strips in sizes that I could use the Shape Cut ruler for.

But I can. I got to the step I was worried about this morning, and I can do it! I am pretty excited, as starting this quilt was a bit of a "leap of faith."

Here is where I am now. I want to thank all of you who gave me hints for making a Bargello and help on fabric selection. This continues to be fun.

Dina
Your quilt is going to be BEAUTIFUL!!
Old 12-09-2013, 09:32 AM

Your color selection is so pretty and I am glad that there is a ruler to help you. I am glad there are solutions to help you keep doing what you love to do and are good at.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:36 AM
Power Poster

Sew anxious to see your completed project. Love your colors! I'm getting the shape cut after the first of the year if I don't get one for Christmas. Told him no more jewelry. I don't wear everything I have now. Told him sewing/quilting notions and supplies for me.