Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Share a picture of your first >

Share a picture of your first

Share a picture of your first

Old 06-04-2018, 12:52 PM

My first quilt was Trip Around the World byEleanor Burns. I cant post pictures from my I Pad but it was pink and greens. All my fabric came from JoAnn and I sent it to someone on this forum that quilted it for me. I treasure it. I make about four a year for the last 10 years. Give some away, donated a few, have most of them at home!
Old 06-04-2018, 03:14 PM

Here's my first and my last. Both are king size. Can you guess which is which?
Attached Thumbnails firstquilt-full.jpg   dsc_1137.jpg  
Old 06-04-2018, 03:17 PM

My first quilt was a machine appliqued Sunbonnet Sue baby quilt. It was hand quilted -- the first I'd ever done. I was pretty proud of the way it turned out, but not nearly as proud of my photographic skills or lack thereof! lol!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]595495[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]595500[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 100_0095-r.jpg   100_0093r.jpg  

Last edited by Jeanette Frantz; 06-04-2018 at 03:19 PM.
Old 06-04-2018, 07:28 PM

Let's just call this my first Unassisted quilt... I did one years ago, but had much help.
Attached Thumbnails finished3.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 06-06-2018 at 02:49 AM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps
Old 06-05-2018, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by LyndaOH View Post
Here's my first and my last. Both are king size. Can you guess which is which?
I would guess the blue one is your first.
Old 06-05-2018, 01:47 PM

My first quilt was made from left overs from sewing clothes for me and the kids! I didn't know anything about the binding or the batting or even how to quilt! i startet with embroidery thread, much too thick and I gave up.... But this quilt was used and I have to mend it because some fabrics are too thin to last longer...
As I had no rotary cutter and no ruler at that time I used scissors which was not good for my fingers: I got blisters....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]595571[/ATTACH] .
Attached Thumbnails img_3191.jpg  
Old 06-05-2018, 02:05 PM

My first quilt was started at a family sewing and craft week with my sisters-in-law and aunt in 2010. I only finished the flimsy that week, but brought it home to finish.
I backed it with a sheet, added a bedskirt I found at the thrift store, and a wide lace that I had on hand. With these touches, it became the bedspread that is in our guest room. I still love it and the colors I used. It was the stack and whack method.[ATTACH=CONFIG]595573[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails my-very-first-.jpg  
Old 06-08-2018, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by PamelaOry View Post
I would guess the blue one is your first.
You would be correct! What a mess. It was done in a beginner quilting class, and I never understood why the nine patches weren't in the same alternating light/dark scheme that you usually see in a nine patch. I didn't know the "do what makes you happy" rule yet, but almost every quilt I've made since has been my own design. My aunt and uncle were kind enough to love that first quilt and still use it. I feel like I owe them a replacement!
Old 06-08-2018, 01:02 PM

Your quilts are pretty impressive for first quilts! I don't have a pic, but it was a spiderweb type wedge quilt in peach and blue (it was the 80's!). I tied it with that skinnier satin ribbon. And it had no binding because I didn't know how to do that. I just zig zagged around it.
Old 06-08-2018, 04:58 PM

I posted my first quilt already, but here is my last one. I have an art quilt, and 2 flimsies done since then but they are not layered nor quilted so I didn't count them.[ATTACH=CONFIG]595760[/ATTACH] . My first ever art quilt was inspired by a photo of windows on a rainy night. I have to layer and quilt it still, but here it is: [ATTACH=CONFIG]595761[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails nature-blocks-finished.jpg   rainy-night-windows-flimsy.jpg