Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Sharing a great idea

I just wanted to share a great tote I found in Sears today.It's a12" tool tote by craftsmen. It's meant for mens tools but my quilting mind got to thinking that it would make a great quilting tote. It has 16 elastic storage loops mesh pockets on the end and more. I couldn't wait to get home and transfer all the things I had in my messy basket to the tote. Every thing had it's own spot and was neat as a pin. I hope you will check it out and the price is only 12.99. I sound like a little kid but I had my 67th birthday today!!!!!! :roll: :lol:

Blog Entries
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY !

And sounds like you got the perfect gift :lol:

My DH bought me one the day after Thanksgiving and got it for $9.99!! It sure is nice!

Cool! I love looking in the hardware section for just that reason! I often find other uses for things from there, and sturdier. Same with catalogs.

Blog Entries
    Happy Birthday, sounds cool!

please take a photo to show us

Blog Entries
    Happpy Birthday! Sounds like a great tote.

Sometimes it's the little things that can make our day. I was in the stationary aisle, looking at the school stuff, I have no idea why... but I saw those black clamps to hold a quantity of pages or papters.. but these were in colors. @ packs for $4.00 and naturely because it sale, 2 fer, I naturally had to have it. Got home and I am working on one charm quilt that one of dear members had shown and I am also cutting out several of the "pick 5" and I ended up using this color clamps ( small) to keep each grouping to gether. So yes, sometimes it doesn't take much to excite a quilter, especially if what you would have wanted was in a catolog and the price was astromical completed to what we were actually purchased.

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    Happy Birthday Dear!!! What a great idea you have there. I like the hardware department. If I could have a room full of power tools I would be an even happier woman.

That sounds like a good idea too!! Love to get great hints.

Happy birthday to you and many many more
    Hugs dora

Blog Entries
    this is what her tote looks like as I just sent her a pm

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...u=00937538000P

Quote Originally Posted by lorraine43
    I just wanted to share a great tote I found in Sears today.It's a12" tool tote by craftsmen. It's meant for mens tools but my quilting mind got to thinking that it would make a great quilting tote. It has 16 elastic storage loops mesh pockets on the end and more. I couldn't wait to get home and transfer all the things I had in my messy basket to the tote. Every thing had it's own spot and was neat as a pin. I hope you will check it out and the price is only 12.99. I sound like a little kid but I had my 67th birthday today!!!!!! :roll: :lol:

Happy Birthday :D
    Your new found ideal sounds great, thanks for letting use know about this :D :thumbup:

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    Now that I have seen the pic. I think it is an even better idea. I would love to have one now.

Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    Happy Birthday, sounds cool!

please take a photo to show us

Yes, we'd love to see it!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks Crafty Bear for showing us what it looks like. That could have a lot of possibilities for quilting and also for jewelery making tools, equipment, etc. :thumbup:

Power Poster
    Happy Birthday!

Quote Originally Posted by lorraine43
    Same idea but different approach......Scrapbookers tote @ Walmart's............Ladies colors, couple of dollars more.