Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Shipping Items.... >

Shipping Items....

Shipping Items....

Old 09-14-2010, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by pinot
When I sent something to the States I always put in in plastic cling film (you know the one you put over your food left overs) I press it very hard so all the air will come out so it will fit in a small envelope. Shippingcosts are high from here.
A lot of my friends from overseas use clingwrap for fabric shipments....I get it all crumpled up or stuck to me when I use it!
Old 09-14-2010, 06:36 AM

Okay, I've learned two things from the board today: don't give anyone a pattern and don't sent fabric wrapped in clingfilm.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:30 AM

Interesting but I always use Ziploc. I don't know about keeping moisture in when all my package failures have been about keeping it out.

I double Ziploc bag all of the contents of my deployment care packages and it saves the day. Package sat in fuel? No problem!

On the ebay boards, everyone use to enjoy making fun of odd packing materials. Is that no longer the case? I mean, there used to be plenty of folks who would leave negative feedback for unprofessional materials. It made for some seriously uptight packing situations in the past.

One Ziploc saved this fabric pack from extinction.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-102266.jpe  
Old 09-14-2010, 08:48 AM

I understand about the ziploc bags. I have family in other states and mail a lot. Very often I use the plastic bags that come in cereal boxes. I also use the cereal bags for onions and messy/smelly things in my fridge. That is reuse and do not have to wash more bowls.
Quilter68 (who is now 69)