Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Shoes for LA quilters >

Shoes for LA quilters

Shoes for LA quilters

Old 03-04-2017, 01:44 AM

This is a very timely topic! Thank you for all the suggestions. Just on Tuesday of this week, I had a cortizone shot in my foot for plantar faciitis (very painful, but the faciitis has been acting up for 4 months), and oral meds make me retain fluids and swell up like a balloon. I hope to be able to try a pair of the z-coils that Phyllis nm recommended very soon. I have a short-arm machine, and haven't been able to do any short-arming since Nov., except for a few minutes at a time here and there, because of the pain in my foot.
Old 03-04-2017, 02:40 AM

My favs for eveyday use. The healthcare industry wears them too.

http://www.alegriashoeshop.com/?gcli...FQwxaQodtx4BqQ

sandy
Old 03-04-2017, 03:41 AM

There was a time when I thought Crocs were the ugliest shoes on earth. Last year I tried a pair for walking the dog around out 3 acres....oh, how I love them!! My feet and legs have never felt better than when I wear them. Check out the website, they have more styles than just the "ugly" ones with the holes.
Old 03-04-2017, 03:51 AM

I can't stand to wear shoes in the house (hardwood floors) my problem is my feet, they get to feeling like I weigh 300 lbs instead of 150! I put my yoga mat down and I wear thick cushy socks, I can sew for much longer that way, at least until my back starts crying
Old 03-04-2017, 06:45 AM

One thing my chiropractor told me was not to stand with my knees locked. Have a slight bend at the knee helps keep your back from hurting when standing for long periods. I also like Sketchers memory foam shoes.
Old 03-04-2017, 07:42 AM

my longarm is on carpet but I do have to wear shoes , LL bean slip on . I'm not in the basement I have one floor.
Old 03-04-2017, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
My longarm is in the basement, on an unfinished cement floor. I have those foam puzzle piece squares down with gel mats on top. Then I wear cushy socks & foam Crocs. Hot pink. I think the color helps.
Many people complain about arm/hand/shoulder pain, but my problem is also my legs. I don't have pain, but I get muscle tightness between my knees & hips. I think I stand stiff legged. I usually take a break about every 45 minutes, or when my bobbin runs out. The Crocs seem to help.
I don't have the mats but I do wear the pink Crocs and it really helps.
Old 03-04-2017, 11:02 AM

I like my SAS shoes and even though I am on carpet, I use an anti-fatigue mat as well.
Old 03-04-2017, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Austinite View Post
I'm a Birkenstock girl but Dansko clogs come highly recommended, everyone in the healthcare and restaurant industries wears them, my friend in corrections wears them. Wear a good pair of support hose with them
I have one foot that is a "C" width and one that is an "E". Birkenstocks and Danskos are too narrow. I bless the day I discovered "Alegria's". They are wide enough to to be comfortable for the first time in my life.
Old 03-05-2017, 05:34 PM

I went to the GoodFeet store and spent a chunk of change on a pair of really nice clogs that I wear when I'm quilting. I was quilting in just socks or bare feet, but my doc told me that was not the best idea. I also got a pair of flip-flops that I wear in the summer from the same store that have great arch support.