Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Shopping for fabric online >

Shopping for fabric online

Shopping for fabric online

Old 04-03-2010, 09:53 PM
Banned

so sorry you are having this problem, and keep up the good work on not drinking, my hubby has been sober for 4 years now, not only did his drinking affect him but it affected all of us, it has been a blessing to have him sober. Penny
Old 04-04-2010, 12:43 AM

Let us know what happens. If they think it doesn't matter about you belonging to a large group like this they are wrong! It is good that we share experiences good or bad and it can make a difference on if we order from those companies.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by twistedsheets
Has anyone had a problem with www.fabric.com? My first order came with no problems. I really loved the fabric. My second order is a nightmare. Ordered and they were short 2 and 1/2 yards. Replied to email by calling and picking another fabric same price for the shortage. Get another email stating the try to charge me and it didn't go thru. NOW WAIT my order was $44.81 and was applied on initial order, what do they need to charge me again for? They say I owe a penny,making it $44.81. Called and spoke to them, they need my card number again. This woman now applies another $11.97 against my card not the penny. Call back and I am told they will charge another $43.?? can't rember the cents, when they ship ,which the order was ready to ship this morning. The shipping is free when your order is $35.00 So far the order still has not shipped! The monies have been applied against my card now for more than double what my cost actually was! I 'm I the only one who beleives I have been scammed on this order?
My suggestion is to contact your credit card company and tell them the problem. They will take care of it.

Edti: Oops sorry, I had skipped the page where the card was discussed. My apology. I hope you get this straightened out fast. Perhaps contacting the company once more speaking to someone else. And put on a pot of coffee or tea and relax.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:48 AM

I don't know if anyone has noticed that we are being cheated by our fabric manufacturers. Patterns are being upgraded using a less wide fabric, which does add up when buying fabric for a queen or king size quilt. Just because quilting is very popular, does not mean that they can take us for a ride. Most fabrics are made in countries where wages are very very low.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:40 AM

I think you should be speaking to the manager of the company. It never hurts to ask for him/her.
It is unforgiveable what has happened and should be straight forward to correct the error.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:48 AM

I would also complain with the Better Business Bureau ...
Old 04-04-2010, 11:40 AM

the bright side my batting from Joanns is at the P.O. Will go get tomorrow. Need to hurry and make a quilt for my bed. My pets have finally distroyed my store bought flannel one. Making mine with that fun and done method and one for my mom, cause I need them in a hurry!! I will call fab.com on monday and see if this time I can get a manager of some kind,will go back and look at names already posted on site and see what comes of it. If I get no satisfaction that way will call the D.A and see what they suggest.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:08 PM

That is scary!!!!!!!!!! I will take them off my list. It is difficult to see the color and print size on line anyway so i will stick to visiiting quilt shops.
Old 04-04-2010, 04:32 PM

Start thinking about putting in a "Nanny Cam" for
when you are absolutely forced to leave the place.
Also, lock any door inside the apartment that does
not need to be open.

Many years ago we had to do that in another state
where we were stationed in the AF.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:09 PM

Thank you! Actually I put up a camera with a vcr to record and replaced bedroon doorknobs with with lock keyed doorknobs. I actually have it so I can see if my mom is in distressed when I am laying down. but it looks to the kitchen and small hall to bathroom. Due to her condition she is set up in the f/r for easy access for EMT'S and ambulance.This is a small place, by some standards.