Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
shopping spree >

shopping spree

shopping spree

Old 12-09-2010, 07:45 PM

My husband and daughter always laugh together (they think I don't know) that when I get depressed I head to the Dollar Tree. Little do they know that I hit the remnant bins in every fabric store within a day's drive.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:01 PM

Hoorah!!!! That will make you feel better!
Old 12-09-2010, 08:09 PM

This is great. I love to do stuff like that. My feet hurt when I stay home and do house work. When I am hitting the remnent bins all day my feet don't hurt untill I get home.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:59 PM

Shopping for fabric IS the best medicine!

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA
Old 12-09-2010, 11:35 PM

I can feel your excitement! You sound like my kind of shopper:-) Also sounds like your husband is a keeper:-) So happy for your good deals and your fun shopping spree. Hope you enjoy quilting your new projects and they bring you many hours of satisfaction. Happy Quilting!
Old 12-09-2010, 11:53 PM

I hope you had a great day shopping.It is so nice to pick out new patterns and get fresh ideas.I hate having to get meds also.My husband is on three times what I take and Im glad I dont take what he does.I know it bothers him also so it's not just us ladys who hate it.This sight is a great place to vent,we can feel safe in doing so.I live in Az and dont have any family around to talk to.It gets lonly at times.My only sister died in 2006 and my mom 2yrs ago so there arent any females in my family to talk to any more.I have a niece,but she is a Dr and raising her own family.Any way,this is a nice place to visit and know you aren't alone.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:06 AM

Hi Donna - so glad you ordered your meds. Have thought of you more than once since I read your last thread...probably because I can relate to your health problems myself. Have fun with your new loot!
Old 12-10-2010, 07:44 PM

way to go - have fun and enjoy the journey, one idea leads to another then another and the fun is all mixed in, take care of yourself you are important to us all!
Old 12-10-2010, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by TN Donna
My husband made me order my meds then told me to take a Shopping spree for some quilting stuff. I have really been depressed. I got enough material in three patterns to finish Dustin's quilt. I hit up their scrap sale and FQ's and got a Christmas Tree skirt I am going to make and stuff the poinsettas around the outside. It came with 2 free Christmas stocking too. I got fiber fill for the little animals I am making. My turtle is so cute. I got bags of all kinds of handle and strap, ribbons, lace and rick rack, etc for only 99 cents a bag. I got 4 or 5 of those. I found a medium sized hoop I need for cross-stitching, bought some quilting thread and just picked up some odd and ends I found and thought I needed. I only spent $64.00 I am proud of my newbies. I pay for what I get and I get good deals in stores and on here. Thanks ladies and gentlemen for all your understanding. I have no one here to talk to and I have tovent somewhere.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by TN Donna
My husband made me order my meds then told me to take a Shopping spree for some quilting stuff. I have really been depressed. I got enough material in three patterns to finish Dustin's quilt. I hit up their scrap sale and FQ's and got a Christmas Tree skirt I am going to make and stuff the poinsettas around the outside. It came with 2 free Christmas stocking too. I got fiber fill for the little animals I am making. My turtle is so cute. I got bags of all kinds of handle and strap, ribbons, lace and rick rack, etc for only 99 cents a bag. I got 4 or 5 of those. I found a medium sized hoop I need for cross-stitching, bought some quilting thread and just picked up some odd and ends I found and thought I needed. I only spent $64.00 I am proud of my newbies. I pay for what I get and I get good deals in stores and on here. Thanks ladies and gentlemen for all your understanding. I have no one here to talk to and I have tovent somewhere.
God love you. I'm so glad you reached out and got the comfort you deserve. Enjoy your purchases...goodies always help.
Angela