Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Should I?

Should I?

Our local fabricland has a sale on right now buy 1 meter get 2 free on a lot of their fabrics. Normally they are super overpriced but this is a good sale. However I promised my oh that I wouldn't buy more fabric until I've finished the quilts I'm working on, but I really want more fabric! Should I go ahead and get some??? What would you do??

Power Poster
    I would look through my stash and see if I needed any backs for my quilt UFOs. Backs don't count on fabric moratoriums, right? Buy 1 get 2 free is too good to pass up for me!

I'd have to buy. . .just sayin'! I agree that backs don't count.

Buy buy buy!!!!!

hugs

caroline
    Caroline

I did!!! think i have enough fabric for quite a while....but who can resist a good sale!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by meldmac View Post
    Our local fabricland has a sale on right now buy 1 meter get 2 free on a lot of their fabrics. Normally they are super overpriced but this is a good sale. However I promised my oh that I wouldn't buy more fabric until I've finished the quilts I'm working on, but I really want more fabric! Should I go ahead and get some??? What would you do??

Thanks for the tip, MeldMac ... if you "need" it, it's a great deal. If you don't and it's "inventory" then, perhaps stick with your moratorium.

I'm starting to think of my backing for my PC quilt, so this could be a good deal ....... IF I can find something I like.

How long is the sale on for?
    And ... is this at Southern Ontario Fabriclands?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Agree - look to see wht you need backs for and see if they have anything that will work!!!

Blog Entries
    They're giving it away for free, tske it.

Blog Entries
    I've been on a fabric feeze since July 2012. I would break my non buying fabric streak in a heartbeat if I had this opportunity!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Blog Entries
    I have bought a lot of fabric on these sales at Fabricland. If you need or want it- go ahead- just be choosy about which fabrics you pick. Not all of them are good quality there, but you can find gems too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    I would look through my stash and see if I needed any backs for my quilt UFOs. Backs don't count on fabric moratoriums, right? Buy 1 get 2 free is too good to pass up for me!
    this was my first thought, too
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Buy 1 get 2 free? Quilt Backs!!!

You need to ask? Even if I had to borrow the money until payday, this is a good deal if they're selling the first yard at their regular price and then adding an additional two yards for nothing. I'm no math whiz, but isn't that like getting a 66% discount?
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    Thanks for the tip, MeldMac ... if you "need" it, it's a great deal. If you don't and it's "inventory" then, perhaps stick with your moratorium.

I'm starting to think of my backing for my PC quilt, so this could be a good deal ....... IF I can find something I like.

How long is the sale on for?
    And ... is this at Southern Ontario Fabriclands?
    I am in Winnipeg but if you are a member do they send you emails for sales? Not sure if all of them have the sale going, it is on until Fen 14 here.

Quote Originally Posted by meldmac View Post
    I am in Winnipeg but if you are a member do they send you emails for sales? Not sure if all of them have the sale going, it is on until Fen 14 here.
    Thanks MeldMac ... I called the two closest FLands to me ... both have a few of buy 1 get 2 free, but it doesn't sound like many. Wonder if they had it here earlier? and what is there now, might be what is leftover from the sale?

I'm currently not a member, so not haven't been getting the emails. Wasn't in the store the first month or two of the new year .... and I resent paying for a full year, later on. I don't understand why they don't pro-rate after a few months.
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Blog Entries
    I agree with Carolinepaj. BUY-BUY-BUY. Me and my wife, are going on my quilt guild bus trip, in April. And I told the wife, I'm not on planing on buying fabric. Just tool & notion. I know what will happen. I'll buy fabric. And I really dont need more fabric. Don-isewman

I would take par tin the sale ... but I would make a list of colors, themes, or otherwise area of the stash that need some addtions to work into quilt. Make the list ... if you can't come up with a list... than thats a good sign not to participate.

Not sure what you mean by you promised your oh, but to me a promise is a promise. I would talk to the person I made the promise to and see if we could come to some agreement, but if not then get busy finishing that quilt you're working on.

I would buy some fabric. As much as I could afford. After all, free is free. That is great for backings since they usually take so much fabric. Go for it.
    Sue

To good a deal to pass up - go for it!

Do they have this sale often? If not, I would go quickly and at least see if they have something you must have? I love to shop - doesn't necessarily mean you have to buy.

I think you should at least look and see if there is any you can not live without!

Blog Entries
    I think as much as you have made an agreement with your husband I would stick by or talk with him about the fab sale and work it out together.

Blog Entries
    That is why my car has a trunk; otherwise, known as a temporary storage unit. It use to hold that pair of shoes I couldn't live without, now it has graduated to a TFSU (temporary fabric storage unit).
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

Oh Boy! wish I could find a sale like that...I too, have stopped buying fabric...trying to use from my stash..but for this kind of sale I would load up !!!If Canada wasn't so far, I make a road trip!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast