Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Should or Shouldn't >

Should or Shouldn't

Should or Shouldn't

Old 12-03-2009, 12:22 PM

I think it looks great and that you should give it. :)
Old 12-03-2009, 12:37 PM

It looks beautiful, you did a great job. Give it proudly.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:50 PM
Power Poster

I don't see any problems with your quilt. It looks just fine to me. Go ahead and give it.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:16 PM
Banned

I am with everyone else on this one, your quilt came from your heart and I can see the love in it even from the photo you posted. Mistakes give it character and its own personality something you will never have with a store bought one. Thats why I love my treadles when it comes to quilting they are a little temperamental at times, but do a lovely job and give it a certain vintage feel to the quilt.

Oh and a little secret I found out is wash the quilt after you finish it up and when you pull it out of the drier all of the wonkiness is not so noticeable and it hides a lot of mistakes!!

Billy
Old 12-03-2009, 08:09 PM

If you have such a high regard for her that you've made her a quilt, she must be a fine person. As such, she will love the quilt and the thought and the work you put into it.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:32 PM

Your quilt is beautiful. I know that I treasure anything that someone took their time to make for me. Don't be so hard on yourself. Your work shows how much you care. :thumbup:
Old 12-03-2009, 09:21 PM

Give it to her!!!!! She will love it imperfections and all....thats what gives it the unique and special feel to it. if we all worried about a few imperfections, i dont think anyone would every receive a quilt...or as i like to call them Blankies!!! and remember what the amish said.....only god is allowed to make perfect things. I believe they purposefully put a "flaw" in their work so to make sure they are not trying to "compete" with god. such a neat culture.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:47 AM

Hey,

My first quilt didn't look half as good as that!!

You did a great job joining big and little pieces on your first try!!

I found that if I cut on the width of the fabric, when I pieced it sometimes stretched a bit and I got a bigger block than if the pieces were cut on the length.

You will also get trouble with sizes and shapes if you forget and cut on the bias when not needed.

It looks great!!

Next time, try using the quilting needle with the smallest eye your thread will go through well. The smaller needle eye will let you get closer into the ditch in most cases.

Also, use a gentle spreading motion at the seams with your hands as you guide the seam/ditch under the needle, that will help your needle find the ditch as well.

You did great!!!
Old 12-04-2009, 08:24 AM

Wow, quite an accomplishment for your first quilt; all those Pillars (don't remember if thats the right term?)and small blocks in between the big ones; i've shyed away from those for a long time. I think your quilt is just beautiful! Every person is different and none without flaws! And we are our own worst critic. Take pride in what you have accomplished, especially being self-taught!
Old 12-04-2009, 09:57 AM

I say give it with love. Your quilt is lovely so don't be so critical of your work. The lucky recipient will love it. I know I would.