Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
It shouldn't take that long.... >

It shouldn't take that long....

It shouldn't take that long....

Old 03-12-2011, 02:21 PM

Some people just really have no clue as to what is involved with quilting.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by justwannaquilt
Glad everyone got a good laugh. I can laugh about it NOW yesterday however it was a little tougher! I didn't say this to her word for word, however it not to far fetched! lol

The problem with saying no is....I had agreed to make this quilt, I thought it was needed like in August at the earliest. They are using Christmas fabric for goodness sakes. Anyways then she informes me a week ago that she "doesn't need it" till the 27th of April. Ok that is doable Its not THAT hard of a pattern. However I still did not have the pattern book. Well I go last night to get the book from her along with the quilt back, and the date has changed. to the 16th of April. Still doable but less doable than the 27th.

Further more I said I would go to the fabric store with her ANY TIME! well I guess that meant i can't make it so she went herself and bought EXACTLY the ammount of fabric the booked called for, not a smigin over. SO!!!!! I have never made a quilt from book this way I sure hope they give me enough fabric to square up and maybe a mistake along the way!

Thanks for letting me extent my vent.
Sheeeesh! You should have said NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo! And you still can! Remind her that you're not getting paid (are you?) and she moved up the date, and there might not actually be enough fabric! Let her know the facts of life in quilting BEFORE you work yourself to a frackin' frizzle!
Old 03-13-2011, 02:09 PM

That is all just crazy... I would tell her she has the book and fabric maby she would like to make this one amd you would have yours done in Aug. as she planed. Or just go jump in a lake.
Old 03-13-2011, 02:27 PM
Power Poster

I hope you said all that to the person who made you mad. We didn't need to be yelled at!

Ditto on the 'just say NO!!'
Old 03-13-2011, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by justwannaquilt
oh yeah well if you know so frackin much about quilting then why don't you make this here quilt that is going to be auctioned off at your Aunts benefit dinner and auction!

I LOVE to quilt, and I never accept payment for my work as long as the "wanter" purchases all the fabric, batting, and thread for quilting. But PLEASE!!!!!! Do not put me in a bind when you already know I have SEVERAL quilts that I need to get out around the same time. Yes I may get three tops done this week but next week when I have two sick kids, a husband who needs help on homework, and a dog who got his boys removed I won't get as much done!

Now I am back to sewing one for my sons birthday (3.19) two for my sister (3.23) and one for my best friend (3.29) The auction quilt will just have to wait till next month!
oh and NO I don't have time this coming week to teach you how to cut fabric for a quilt! Sorry maybe next month AFTER I get the quilt for you done!

Anyways thanks for letting me go ahead and get that out of the way before there was any more confusion!
How about a friend who says "Can you make a baby quilt for me so I don't have to spend too much money on something else?" She must figure it takes no time, costs nothing, and I can also do it in my sleep. It never interferes with MY life in any way. Posh!!! Well, I DID tell her she had NO idea of what goes into the making of even a small quilt. The time, money, effort, and heart. It was made VERY clear and I was insulted. She backed WAY off. Humph........................so there!
Old 03-13-2011, 05:05 PM

You mean you can't just whip one out :shock :shock:
Old 03-14-2011, 10:37 PM

.............but you did it last week didn't you, you crack me up. Some really believe we have no better way to spend our day. lol
Old 03-14-2011, 10:38 PM

.............but you did it last week didn't you, you crack me up. Some really believe we have no better way to spend our day. lol
Old 03-15-2011, 05:26 AM

Alrighty Then... Just put on your big girl panties and "just say no" it really does make you feel better. I used to be afraid of saying no to anybody but, once I learned how to say it I feel way better.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:32 AM

This won't take you very long. One of the reasons I don't sell my quilts but donate or gift them, I,d have to figure out what to charge for my time! And there is never enough of it! Diane C