Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: show me your placemats

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Everyone has such beautiful placemats. All I can say is wow.

I have pic's of a couple of runners -- don't have pic's of the similar placemats. I used some of my Christmas coins from the swaps and sort of made up my own pattern. Very easy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I made reversable place mats for my sister. One side was a machine embroidered flower with patchwork blocks around it. One set was a pieced heart appliqued to a background and 2 1/2" squares surrounding to make it 12"x18".

Quote Originally Posted by candi
    Woody and tweetee, awesome placemats!

I made simple ones to go with a table runner.
    just love your placemats, by the way I know you're in hiding but the picture looks like Positano on the Amalfi coast in Italy,
    am I right?

Those are all beautiful placemats.

Blog Entries
    I am so glad that you sarted this thread. I love placemats and table runners. Every one is just beautiful. A placemat or table runner is "instant gradification"!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric
    On my personal site, I have tons and tons of placemat design links. I love fabric placemats! Here is a direct link to the placemats page..
    http://yarn-or-fabric.weebly.com/pla...ial-links.html

I'm working on a spinning star set - but put it down since I was working on them with a friend of mine and she no longer quilts with me weekly... she started to home school and I haven't really heard from her since :( She was a great sewing buddy... but anyhooo... I thought I'd wait for her to finish them up but I am losing faith that she'll be back to finish them with me...
    Thanks so much for your site! I am making placemats for Christmas and this was like being a kid in a candy store.

Blog Entries
    I bookmarked this so I could go back and look at all your placemats. I've been needing ideas, also. Thanks.

All of them are very pretty thanks for sharing . Mary

Quote Originally Posted by woody
    Here's some that I have made. They are not quite finished yet but I hope to get them done soon as they will be nice and bright for summer.
    They were made from a panel that had the big flowers so I cut out the individual flowers, added some paper pieced leaves, a border and made 8 placemats and then used the rest for a tabletopper.(We have a big square table).

Sorry but the colours look a bit blah in the photo's, they are really quite bright.
    OOOH!!! I want these. Beautiful!!!

Looks like most people do what I do - make a placemat with the designs on the edge so they aren't covered when you put the plate down.

This is some I've made, runner to match.

Fall Colors
    Name:  Attachment-92130.jpe
Views: 32
Size:  46.0 KB

Denilynn, I love you placemats and your stash around them. :lol: All of the mats and table runners are beautiful. I think it motivates me to finish some of mine.

Those are all so beautiful I want to try one.....hmmm might have time to fit on in next year..or the year after.

love the placemats i go through the pictures of some of the projects and quilts here and boy i am loveing what i see and wonder if i will ever get good at quilts
    HUgs dora

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS THREAD.
    THANK YOU

I've made a few placemats over the years, but these are my favorites. I used the large print (horse, sheep, pig parade) for all the fronts, and the smaller prints (sunflowers or roosters) for the backs. Please excuse the wrinkles and folds -- they've been stowed away all summer.

Blog Entries
    THESE ARE ALL WONDERFUL~~~SUCH TALENT IN THIS GROUP!!!

Bev
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlander
    This is some I've made, runner to match.
    OHhh! Pretty, pretty!!
    I love them. String quilting, right? I'm doing some now, to get rid of a lot of "strings" that I have built up over the years. 8-)

I don't have a photo, but I recently made some string place mats---a good way to use strips and an easy way to make neat place mats. If you layer you backing and batting and then do a stitch-and-flip pattern with your strips, you'll have it pre-quilted and reversible--just have to add binding. You can make your strips vertical, horizontal or -- as I did--on a diagonal. I Your strips can all be one size or the width can vary... have a round table and wanted to squeeze a couple of extra people around it. I make square mats.---oops just saw someone had added a picture of pretty string mats.

I made 12 of these for my DIL they match the poppy that is on her china.

Blog Entries
    I give up. I never understood the reason for a place mat. They are so beautiful I can't use them, so I used them as decorations. Plus I use them on top of a table cloth. please enlighten me. Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vivian bailey
    I give up. I never understood the reason for a place mat. They are so beautiful I can't use them, so I used them as decorations. Plus I use them on top of a table cloth. please enlighten me. Thanks
    I never used place mats when our children were growing up. Just had a table that could be wiped off. Since then, we bought a beautiful table and even though it has a nice hard coated surface, I still don't want to scratch it so I use placemats and sometimes a table runner. Sure is easy to set the food on the table for meals and not have to worry about getting a hot pad. Not sure which child I am saving the table for but when they get it, it will be nice. :-)

Candi

I love your table runner. What are the dimensions of it & where can I get that pattern.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Beautiful!!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast