Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Silly ? - What to wear to Houston Quilt Festival? >

Silly ? - What to wear to Houston Quilt Festival?

Silly ? - What to wear to Houston Quilt Festival?

Old 10-28-2011, 03:15 AM

All good suggestions! The lighting used by vendors can really heat up an area..ugh. Consider packing a snack and a bottle of water. Food lines get very long if you are eating inside the GB. Just be sure you and your feet are comfortable. You will see all kinds of dressing.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:27 AM

Anything you want...as long as it is comfortable...especially your shoes!!
Old 10-28-2011, 03:30 AM

Yes, dress comfortably and wear shoes you can walk all over in. If you can carry water it helps save money but they don't want you holding drinks, including water, outside the cafeteria area. So just have it in your bag to sip as needed. Also they usually have a place to buy coffee and a goodie on the second floor for a quick break.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:35 AM

When I go to big shows like that, I take a backpack to hold my purchases. It leaves my hands free to do the shopping. I only carry a wallet with just the necessities. I also wear sneakers, as they are usually the most comfortable for me to be on my feet most of the day. Lots of people = lots of body heat, so if you are generally a warm person, you may want to consider shorts. Most important - be comfortable.
Old 10-28-2011, 04:09 AM
Power Poster

comfortable shoes, cross body purse, QB designator, tote bag with extra bag inside.
Old 10-28-2011, 04:55 AM

Casual wear,very comfy shoes, little pocket book and LARGE lightweight tote of some kind..Our tour company gave us nylon tote bags. There are also chairs where you can sit or watch demo's and it's a great way to take a break.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:02 AM
Power Poster

Comfortable walking shoes, jeans, t-shirt, large light weight bag and put a small wallet in your jean pocket. If you have joint issues take some pain meds for all the walking before you start walking. Above all have tons of fun.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:08 AM
Power Poster

I have a mesh backpack, and I made a mesh tote bag with shoulder straps. The tote is deeper than it is wide because the mssh is kind of floppy. I put the tote in the backpack till I need it.
Comfy shoes and clothes, tshirt or knit top and looser fitting slacks. bring a snack and small bottle of water. Those big water bottles get heavy after a while.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:57 AM

http://www.coatsandclark.com/NR/rdon...ity_Purse1.pdf I make this to carry wallet, tissues, snacks, etc to the convention. It's small but large enough to take what you need. Don't take a big purse but take a LIGHT WEIGHT TOTE of some sort for the treasures you buy. I took my Benrnina tote and it was just perfect. Have fun and enjoy yourself.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:23 AM
Banned

and put a snack bar or two in and you might consider a small bottle of water as the snack bar is on one end of the building and water fountains not always convenient. But light light light and comfortable, comfortable, comfortable and put you mind in slow mode and not rush and get tired. Be sure and take a pen or pencil to mark the program for places you might want to go back to.