Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Simply Quilt Programs >

Simply Quilt Programs

Simply Quilt Programs

Old 12-08-2010, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Nolee
Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
OK - you weren't kidding when you said the HGTV website was confusing!! When I went straight to it, I couldn't find anything. If you Google HGTV, it will bring up a link that says "Episodes". It's easy to follow from there to the Simply Quilts shows. It appears there are 11 episodes available.
Yep, here are those episodes http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv148/videos/index.html
Thank you for the link. As hard as I tried I could not find a way to get to those episodes. Thank you so much!! I am going to go and watch some of these now!!
Old 12-08-2010, 06:28 PM

HGTV has turned into the Real Estate Show. I can't imagine who watches hour after hour of people looking at houses to buy. I don't bother most of the time anymore. If I want to see something i tape it and skip the commercials too.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:16 PM

What I want to know is, how do kids in their 20's get enough money to buy a $250,000 house?

What's worse, those houses have all of 1400 square feet in them and HGTV makes it sound as if they are huge!

Unless my math is way off, even at $100 a square foot, they should get 2500 square feet for that much money, but that still doesn't tell me which kids make enough money to make payments on a house that costs that much.

I quit watching HGTV when the quilting, sewing, craft and Design on a Dime type shows were cancelled. Someone is out of touch with reality.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
That is sad. I dont ever watch it anymore either, I am not big on the buying a new home type of show!
Amen! I was just thinking yesterday that the last few times I've turned HGTV on it was a house-hunting show and I'm totally not in the market anywhere in the world for a new home. I miss what the network was when it first started. I think I'll go online and let them know what I think.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:44 PM

Here is another link to Simply Quilts:

http://www.hgtv.com/search/results.d...hType=HGTV.com

And here is a link to Quilt in a Day's episodes:

http://vimeo.com/videos/search:quilt%20in%20a%20day/4afbd282/page:1/sort:relevant/format:thumbnail
Old 12-08-2010, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Nolee
I went online to find Simply Quilt programs with Alex Anderson because I had seen some here, and all I can find are written instructions for projects or videos that go fast through a program with just a narrator giving directions that are too fast to follow.

Does anyone know where to find the original program videos?
Can you tell us what you are specifically looking for? Maybe someone can find it and get the link for you.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:49 PM

So that is what happened. I wondered about them. I liked to
watch her show and then I couldn't find it all of a sudden.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
HGTV has a few of the programs to watch but not all of them. HGTV website is so confusing, it's hard to find the episodes that are online but they are there. Alex Anderson does not own the shows and I doubt HGTV will ever have them on DVD. It would be bad for their image. I heard from one of the producers that use to work for HGTV that any show that wasn't geared toward the younger modern audience was cancelled and that included all craft and needlework shows.
I worked for HGTV for a couple of years. I was the propmaster for Sew Perfect with Sandra B. and Sew much more with Susan K. I understand that these shows moved to California. I also talked to Alex Anderson at the Knoxville quilt show and she spoke kindly of HGTV. Tapes were made of all these shows (I have all of mine) but I doubt they ever produce them for the public. That is a sad thing because we that sew miss these shows!!
Old 12-09-2010, 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
I'm pretty sick of home improvement and buying the house of your dreams shows.
------------------
I'm also sick of the home improvement thing, but with me it's either learn to do it myself or hire it done by expensive experts.
Surprising what an old lady of 77 can do in an old house with a lot of power tools. And no one to tell me a better way but for those guys on the Internet.[/quote]

You go, Girl!!!
Old 12-09-2010, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by bbeyes
Fons & Porter are on PBS but I don't know which day they come on TV
I just called our local PBS channel and left a message asking if they carried this. I also added :lol: "Maybe you would want to look into this if you don't carry it because there are thousands of quilters out here and we could greatly add to your income when you run your membership drives IF you have programs we want on quilting."

Hey, it never hurts, right?