Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Simply woven quilt issues >

Simply woven quilt issues

Simply woven quilt issues

Old 05-22-2022, 04:34 AM

Did you hear the big Homer Simpson DUH? I viewed the pattern/tutorial yesterday and like others my head was spinning. So glad I revisited the tutorial and took your advise to make a paper copy. I saved the tutorial in WORD and played around reducing the size of the photos. Now I can comfortably add it to my to do list.

Just wondering if anyone has made this pattern with just one jelly roll? Thinking of a baby or toddler sized finish. I have jelly rolls on hand but not two that would play nicely together.
Old 05-22-2022, 04:50 AM

WMUTeach, I have made it starting out with one jelly roll. I use the jelly roll for colors. So often there are neutral fabrics that would fade away so they can't be used. I use solids in the similar colors from my stash. That's my out. If I mix in as I go, I won't run out of fabrics. Doesn't really answer your question, but it does work.
Old 05-22-2022, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Did you hear the big Homer Simpson DUH? I viewed the pattern/tutorial yesterday and like others my head was spinning. So glad I revisited the tutorial and took your advise to make a paper copy. I saved the tutorial in WORD and played around reducing the size of the photos. Now I can comfortably add it to my to do list.

Just wondering if anyone has made this pattern with just one jelly roll? Thinking of a baby or toddler sized finish. I have jelly rolls on hand but not two that would play nicely together.
Do you have any scraps that would play nice with the colors you have? When I have run short with the jelly roll on projects, I just cut some 2.5 inch strips of something that goes. I have even replaced some of the jelly roll strips with mine own if I did not care for them.
Old 05-27-2022, 12:35 PM

So I'm DONE piecing and glue basting this quilt. I created several OOPS blocks and instead of ripping to tossing saved them for the back. Had enough OOPS to make a back. So confession time. I had problems with the top and piecing the back. I usually don't name my quilts but this one is called NAUGHTY CHILD and needs to be in time out!!!
Old 05-27-2022, 04:22 PM

Congrats on your finish! This pattern does get easier every time. OOPS blocks always happen.
Old 05-28-2022, 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by sewingpup View Post
Do you have any scraps that would play nice with the colors you have? When I have run short with the jelly roll on projects, I just cut some 2.5 inch strips of something that goes. I have even replaced some of the jelly roll strips with mine own if I did not care for them.
Do I have scraps? Oh, yeah! and plenty of stash. Was just wondering if the pattern worked with one Jelly Roll for a smaller quilt. I will try it later this summer when I get other projects out of the way. I am on a roll with using up scraps and orphan blocks and creating baby quilts/toddler quilts out of them for Project Linus.
Old 05-28-2022, 04:13 AM

I am laughing! I made this quilt pattern - once - and had an awful time getting the blocks correctly oriented. I am a visual learner, and had to study the pictures every time, plus I am thinking (remembering) that one photo may not have been oriented correctly itself.