Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Singer 160

Singer 160

I am looking to buy a Singer 160. Most of the posts I've found here are a year old or longer. Anyone who has had one still like it? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Hi, sorry I can't help with the machine, but wanted to welcome you from NE Ohio.

Thanks, Thumbelina. Love the name. I'm very bad on these kinds of sites...never write much, just "look."

Blog Entries
    I bought one about a year ago. I use it for all of my piecing. I have a BABY LOCK SYMPHONY I use for machine quilting and stitch decorating. The Sing 160 is a great machine. The only problem I have had so far is it can be tricky about the tension when using cheaper types of thread. The other holdback is it does not have a "needle up - needle down" feature. But like I said, I have used it for all of my piecing and regular sewing since I got it. I just love the old fashioned look of it.
    Jean
    from Middle River, Md USA

Quote Originally Posted by bluerooms View Post
    Thanks, Thumbelina. Love the name. I'm very bad on these kinds of sites...never write much, just "look."
    Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I'm such a duck when it comes to the computer, but I do what I can here. The information and friendship is awesome. It's good that you jumped in. Keep it up. Happy quilting on that Singer 160.
    One step at a time, always forward.

Blog Entries
    I have had mine for about a year and I really like it except that I wish it had needle up/down which it doesn't. But I have gotten use to putting the needle down when I stop. I have used it to piece and also to quilt.

I purchased one when they first came out also, very nice machine.