Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Singer 160th Anniversary Model Just Launched on HSN >

Singer 160th Anniversary Model Just Launched on HSN

Singer 160th Anniversary Model Just Launched on HSN

Old 01-26-2012, 01:58 PM

Well, I was drooling just thinking about the machine. Missed the previews but went on line to get a look see. Too late, all gone. Looks nice but reminds me of the 9910/9940 housings when they came out a while back. I bought the 9940 and returned it after 3 weeks. It quite doing the decorative stitches on a Christmas quilt I was working on. Would you believe I used my Brother CS 6000i to finish the quilting. Couldn't believe the Brother beat the Singer when the 9940 was so much bigger. I wish the best for all who was able to purchase one and look forward to the reviews.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by sew.annie View Post
Well it was me that bought one of them...can't wait to get it home...haven't had a problem with the new Singers so very excited here!!!
You're not alone. I saw it and just fell in love with it this morning! I'm a little skeptical about the craftsmanship but figure I can always return it if I'm not happy. With free shipping, tons of extra attachments, a book, a carrying bag and that nifty flower attachment I figured I couldn't go wrong! I'm soooo excited to get it.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
It'll hold up like any other modern Singer, I'm sure.
Well, wish me luck Charlee 'cause I bit!
Old 01-26-2012, 05:26 PM

[QUOTE=DonnaC;4913251]I caved. Guess I'll be one of those folks posting a review in a couple of weeks.

Well I happy for ya Donna I don't think we will be disappointed if we are we can just say it in a private message, lol
Old 01-26-2012, 06:42 PM

looks pretty...can't wait to hear about the reviews of those who have made the purchase. I heard there were lots of extra goodies included with it.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:13 PM

I bought one before they ran out. I have a 1953 Featherweight and my DH gave me a card at Christmas that said "When it comes out, it is yours!!' and he had a picture of it in the card. So...at 12:00 midnight, we turned on the HSN and ordered it at 12:10am!!! It will be here in 10 days and yes...I will be glad to share my thoughts on it after I get to play with it a while....I am thrilled.

Last edited by QuiltingHaven; 01-26-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:53 PM

Wow, Quilting Haven, what a nice hubby you have! I'm so glad that several of us decided to take the plunge; can't wait to compare notes with everybody later!
Old 01-26-2012, 08:35 PM

As cute as it is and it is cute, I will stick to my old metal tried and true Singers. But it is darn cute!
Old 01-27-2012, 08:17 AM

I bought one on special three years ago on HSN, it was supposed to be a fabulous machine with all the bells and whistles. Was a piece of cr** , after having it repaired three times in the first year, I got rid of it. Unfortunately Singer is not the same these days. By the way, it will cost about $50 to mail it back if you decide to return it.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
Yep!! I'll use it for my cereal!!

I just can't imagine that it would be any better quality than the other modern Singer sewing machines, and those, if you read and believe the reviews, don't last long. I admit that I like that they tried to mimic the looks of the vintage machines, and I'll admit that they look nice to me. If you look at the price, it's NOT a "high end" machine...which tells me that it's not going to stand up to heavy use. Now mind you, I don't own a "high end" modern machine...my modern machine is a low end (nearly the lowest) Janome. I've had it three years and it moans and groans every time I try to use it.

For those of you that have purchased one and are happy with it? I don't mean to rain on your parade. I'm glad you were able to get one and that you're happy about it...and I honestly do hope I'm wrong about the quality of the machine and that it makes millions of beautiful stitches for you!!
I'm with you Charlee, I hope I'm wrong too, but my experience has soured me on Singer specials.