Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Singer 4411 woes. >

Singer 4411 woes.

Singer 4411 woes.

Old 02-17-2020, 10:48 AM

Default Singer 4411 woes.

Purchased this heavy duty machine to "save" money. Second time the timing is off. Would like to learn how to set the timing right myself, but can't find any how-to's on YouTube. Does anyone have any ideas beyond my paying an impossible $95.00 again?
Old 02-17-2020, 01:04 PM
Power Poster

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/10...inger-411.html
perhaps this will help you
Old 02-17-2020, 01:08 PM
Power Poster

this is more direct for you model https://www.singer.com/search/support?title=4411
Old 02-17-2020, 02:20 PM

My suggestion is not to put any more money in that machine. Since the timing is off for the second time, it's not likely to hold it for the long run.

What you are looking for is an adjustor's manual, not a user's manual. It will have the instructions for setting the timing. Also, do a search on youtube for the instructions (not the manual).

If you can't fix it yourself ,buy a vintage machine if your budget is limited. I prefer Singers from before 1970 because you can always find parts for them, plus the instructions are for fixing them are all over the internet.

JMHO

bk
Old 02-17-2020, 08:40 PM

I agree with bkay. Don't put any more money into that machine. I like the old Kenmore's. I can usually find them for less than $25 at a thrift store. The best ones have built-in stitches (not cams that go into a door on top), front-loading bobbin (not the drop-in bobbin).
Old 02-18-2020, 04:08 AM

There are a ton of timing videos on youtube. I suspect that you are searching for a video specific to your machine. You don't need to..if it's a round bobbin, they all are timed the same way. I also suspect that all 3 of your set screws have not been tightened after timing..this is a very easy mistake for a newbie to make...as you rotate the hand wheel when done timing, they all look alike, so you may think you've tightened them....there are 3 set screws and all 3 have to be tightened or the race will slip on the shaft and keep throwing your timing off.
I wouldn't give up on the machine because the timing went out twice, there are very easy to fix solutions for this, and I'd try them before I tossed a perfectly good machine!
Old 02-18-2020, 05:48 PM

I agree with bkay, don't waste any more money on that machine. Take my word for it, it's a piece of junk. If you want a workhorse, get a vintage machine.
Old 02-19-2020, 07:14 AM

Jdah have you contacted the manufacturer to see if they can fix it for you? I got lucky when I bought my singer 5511. I got an 11 year warranty on it to be fixed. All I have to do is for pay shipping it to be fixed. The down side to that is it takes 3 to 4 weeks to get it back. Lucky enough I have 4 vintage machines I can use in the mean while.