Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Singer Treddle 1926-1928 >

Singer Treddle 1926-1928

Singer Treddle 1926-1928

Old 09-10-2011, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Kas
Are you sure the bobbin case is missing and not just the bobbin? You have to unscrew the bobbin case on the 66.

See the round metal lever next to the purple felt? If yours has that, it has the bobbin case.
Ok looking at my picture (before dusting!) it seems to me to be the same, so that just means it has a bobbin? There was a bobbin included. And, does that mean it is a model 66, or are there other models like this?
Attached Thumbnails attachment-254169.jpe  
Old 09-10-2011, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by wuv2quilt
She's a Beauty. Check out the Vintage sewing machine shop here on the board. They can tell you about everything from A - Z.:)
Thanks for that lead, looks like everyone has discovered it !
Old 09-10-2011, 06:53 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by LouBert
Originally Posted by Jeanniejo
Go to singer.com and put the serial number that at the bottom right of you machine and they will tell you where and when it was manufactured. Also you can download a free manual. The last time I was there they also told where you could get replacement parts. Gotta love Singer!!!
I've been to the Singer site several times trying to find a place to put in the serial number, and I just cannot find it.
Singer has changed their site, and the easy look-up of serial numbers is either gone entirely or moved to a place where it's hard to find. You can print out a useless certificate that tells you a little information from this site - http://mysingerstory.com/

Edited to say - you can't easily navigate to this page, but it is the old information about serial numbers. If you lose this link you can get to it by typing "serial #" in the search box on the singerco.com page, and then taking the link that says "machine serial numbers" . Note this is now filed under "admin-support" instead of customer support. huuummmph.

http://www.singerco.com/admin-suppor...serial-numbers
Old 09-10-2011, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by deedum
Sounds like to me you did great! A friend of mine always said " you like what you like, when you like it" so as long as you were happy with the price, that is what counts. I think you did great!
Thank you for that, I cried when I found it, I've never seen one at a garage sale, and it reminded me so much of the loving times spent with my grandmother I just had to have it, even if it did not belong to her. I am so hoping my granddaughter will learn to love to sew and use it ....
Old 09-10-2011, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by dunster
Originally Posted by Jeanniejo
Go to singer.com and put the serial number that at the bottom right of you machine and they will tell you where and when it was manufactured. Also you can download a free manual. The last time I was there they also told where you could get replacement parts. Gotta love Singer!!!
I've been to the Singer site several times trying to find a place to put in the serial number, and I just cannot find it.
Singer has changed their site, and the easy look-up of serial numbers is either gone entirely or moved to a place where it's hard to find. You can print out a useless certificate that tells
you a little information from this site - http://mysingerstory.com/

Edited to say - you can't easily navigate to this page, but it is the old information about serial numbers. If you lose this link you can get to it by typing "serial #" in the search box on the singerco.com page, and then taking the link that says "machine serial numbers" . Note this is now filed under "admin-support" instead of customer support. huuummmph.

http://www.singerco.com/admin-suppor...serial-numbers
OH You're The Best, thank you so much I've discovered thanks to you that I have a Model 66, made in Elizabeth, NJ July 28, 1927, one of 50,000 made. I couldn't be happier that it was made in the USA. Thank you
Old 09-10-2011, 09:01 AM

did you name her yet?
Old 09-10-2011, 10:07 AM
Kas

Originally Posted by Kas
Are you sure the bobbin case is missing and not just the bobbin? You have to unscrew the bobbin case on the 66.

See the round metal lever next to the purple felt? If yours has that, it has the bobbin case.
Ok looking at my picture (before dusting!) it seems to me to be the same, so that just means it has a bobbin? There was a bobbin included. And, does that mean it is a model 66, or are there other models like this?
She looks complete to me! Yep, just drop in the bobbin. Go to the tutorial section of the board and look up Lostn51's tut on cleaning vintage machines. You will need to unscrew the bobbin case for that. The red felt that is in the case can be "unscrewed" for cleaning of the metal parts then screwed back in. You do have to twist it in or it will just fall back out. The felt is the part you oil for the race to work smoothly. Have fun! Just know that you have embarked on another addictive journey!
Old 09-10-2011, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Ann L
did you name her yet?
I christen her "Analise"

Thank you to all who have helped me. I just put in the 1st 45 minute session with Restor-A-Finish and she is looking sooo beautiful. Found a 'free' download manual, what is the difference between them and the $15 one ?
Old 09-10-2011, 01:23 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Ann L
did you name her yet?
I christen her "Analise"

Thank you to all who have helped me. I just put in the 1st 45 minute session with Restor-A-Finish and she is looking sooo beautiful. Found a 'free' download manual, what is the difference between them and the $15 one ?
$15. :)

Really, that's it.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:26 PM

Wonderful find! I hope you and your DGD love the machine.