Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sister fire destroyed woman's quilts!

That is so sad. :cry: :cry: :cry: Poor woman.

Oh my GOD that's so sad, hope she gets thru this ok

I am heart broken for her. I can't imagine how she must feel. Each quilt is one of a kind piece of art and can never be replaced. I think it's great of you all to want to make her new ones.

I have an idea. I am not good at quilting yet, and maybe it would be hard for all of us to make something for her sue to time and distance. Maybe we can find which colors she likes somehow, and "shower" her with fabrics - lots of squishies going her way. Even though she works in a quilt shop, we may all have things that she doesn't, and also she will just feel the love from other quilters!

I'm willing to send her a couple of quilting happies.
    Someone let me know what everyone wants to do

seemingly in the land of infants & toddlers!
    How devastating! - I'm sure she knows how many quilters feel for her & want to help. Moving can be traumatic enough, whether for a good reason or bad one; but to lose our treasures can leave a gaping hole in our hearts. Losses such as these tend to make the rest of us realize how blessed we are - & how quickly life can change! 'Going to spend the rest of the day grateful for what I have!!

I am so sorry for her. When I was 17 our house caught fire in the attic. My mom, me and two brother had to crawl out of a bedroom window to get out, My Dad was at work. and came home to a pile of ashes. It was hard times but we were thankful that we were all OK.

Gosh,I am so sorry to hear that.I will pray for her and her family and hope that she gets back on her feet again real soon.I am sending many blessings,(blessings,quilt-n-frenz) :|

How sad! I could send something too!

Blog Entries
    OMGosh, I too lost everything to a fire back in 1996, including all the quilts my grandmother and I had worked on when I was just a little girl and all of her quilts that had been given to me when she died. The loss is devastating and there are things that can never be replaced. but you can move on and the fire didn't destroy the memories only the material things, and I have since made new memories and collected new material things. Is there something that we can do for her?

You all are so sweet for wanting to help Jackie. Here's a thread I started this morning: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-58550-1.htm :mrgreen:

Blog Entries
    My opinion.

It looks like what was burned were her family heirlooms and her quilts (according to the article)...I'm betting that with working at the Stitchin Post for 20 years, that the woman has a stash to beat any of ours...

If you want to do something for her, I'd suggest signature blocks of some kind with your name and location on them...sent to someone with better skills than mine to be assembled and quilted. I could deliver the quilt, have my sister (a lurker here!!) in Sisters, and I don't live far from there...or the finished quilt could be sent to Jackie in care of the Stitchin Post...I'm positive that Jean Wells would make sure she got it...

Would just have to decide on block size and pattern...

Okay -- Charlee maybe you can call the shop and ask them if she lost her SUPPLIES vs just quilts and heilooms. I may have read the article wrong. I'm in appointments ALL day long and can't call...... :)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Oh how sad. We had a barn fire last year and my husband lost all his restored antique tractors. I could not imagine losing things like that in a fire.

Blog Entries
    This is very sad, maybe a nice card will make her feel better also.

Cookie

I don't know what to say. I have seen Jackie's quilts and they are works of art. Her collection is priceless.
    To make matters worse the rumor is that the Rooster Rock fire was started by Forest Service personnel looking for fire suppresion work. I keep hoping to read that this isn't true. It would break my heart to hear that someone started this fire. We have enough problems with fire in the summer caused by lightening, we don't need people starting fires.
    My prayers go out to Jackie and her family.

Blog Entries
    I will call today and find out... :) Will post as soon as I can...

Quote Originally Posted by mhansen6
    I don't know what to say. I have seen Jackie's quilts and they are works of art. Her collection is priceless.
    To make matters worse the rumor is that the Rooster Rock fire was started by Forest Service personnel looking for fire suppresion work. I keep hoping to read that this isn't true. It would break my heart to hear that someone started this fire. We have enough problems with fire in the summer caused by lightening, we don't need people starting fires.
    My prayers go out to Jackie and her family.
    you're in Bend!!! I'm in LaPine, and Charlee is in Redmond. We need to set up a "meet" date!

I, too, hope it wasn't a case of arson. I thought it probably started by the lightening.

I pray that she at least has pictures of her quilts.
    I will keep her in my prayers. Glad no person was hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlee
    My opinion.

It looks like what was burned were her family heirlooms and her quilts (according to the article)...I'm betting that with working at the Stitchin Post for 20 years, that the woman has a stash to beat any of ours...

If you want to do something for her, I'd suggest signature blocks of some kind with your name and location on them...sent to someone with better skills than mine to be assembled and quilted. I could deliver the quilt, have my sister (a lurker here!!) in Sisters, and I don't live far from there...or the finished quilt could be sent to Jackie in care of the Stitchin Post...I'm positive that Jean Wells would make sure she got it...

Would just have to decide on block size and pattern...
    LOVE the idea I'm in.

Blog Entries
    She needs a lot of comfort (Southern and human). I'm sure she'll replace her quiting items when the insurance is settled so I think sending her supplies may be a problem until she gets a place for them. If she has pictures of her quilts some may be able to be remade for her.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I am also in. Great idea!!

That is awful. I hope she is not discouraged by this disaster.

Blog Entries
    That really is awful!! Fire is such a devastation and to lose things that can not be replaced is heart wrenching.

Will keep looking for updates.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast