Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
sit-down long arm machine - need advice please >

sit-down long arm machine - need advice please

sit-down long arm machine - need advice please

Old 12-28-2010, 09:45 PM

[quote=JJane]
Originally Posted by ckcowl

I have an HQ and I sit at mine. I use a higher chair on wheels that is right with my HQ table. Got my chair from an office supply =it's a drafters chair so it is adjustable
back and height. I use it some and stand some.
Hope this helps.
if you're very short, then even in a tall chair, you can't reach over far enough to fiddle at the far end. my arms can't do it. i would have to lean so hard against the closest roller bar that i would mess up the tension in that area that i was in. being higher doesn't do it. when i work at the far end, i just have to stand. when i get closer, i can sit. when i do fiddly work, i have to make sure that i work as close as possible to the front edge and roll up more frequently, which is a real pain, as far as i'm concerned. that's where the auto advance would be nice. i think it's more annoying to roll up more often than to stand and quilt. i take breaks and do stretches. i'm 5'2" with short arms.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:55 PM

I have a Bailey Home Quilter and I have it on a Little Gracie Frame, but it can be mounted on a table. It comes with a foot petal, so it can be used just like any other sit down machine, but you have the advantage of the extra space under the arm...

You would need to have a table top cut to fit the machine so you have a flat surface to work on.

Good Luck