sitting here stumped... >

sitting here stumped...

sitting here stumped...

Old 10-03-2011, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by CAS49OR
What is PIGS?

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
Originally Posted by Dina
I just finished the last quilt in my "to do"list," and I am playing with what to make next.
Never had that problem. I have plenty of UFOs, WIPs, PIGs, and a huge "to do" list.
Projects In Grocery Sacks - That's what I'm calling the ones that I have all the fabrics together with the pattern but haven't yet started. They're not necessarily in grocery sacks but you get the idea. . .
Old 10-03-2011, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by margoee
I love your ticker, Kristen in ME!!!
I was just thinking the same thing. Cool!
Old 10-03-2011, 05:30 PM

Choose something from your bucket list! Or, borrow something from my bucket list!!
Old 10-03-2011, 05:34 PM

Boy I'm with you I won't live long enough to get all I want to work on done, by then will have lost the pattern that went with the materials I had set aside for it.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:52 PM

When I see people with jobs that leave open time, I want to tell them that hand applique is a good way not to be bored. Quilt plans are like little tulip bulbs... just waiting for the right time and conditions to sprout into something beautiful. What may look like a barren bed is really beauty waiting to shoot right out of there. I do more planning and preparing than sewing right now and I was a bit ashamed of myself until I realized that just for today this is what feels right and makes me content. Those little shoots will be coming when the time is right. Maybe you're a little 'tulip bed' too right now.\:)
Old 10-04-2011, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by zoeytoo
When I see people with jobs that leave open time, I want to tell them that hand applique is a good way not to be bored. Quilt plans are like little tulip bulbs... just waiting for the right time and conditions to sprout into something beautiful. What may look like a barren bed is really beauty waiting to shoot right out of there. I do more planning and preparing than sewing right now and I was a bit ashamed of myself until I realized that just for today this is what feels right and makes me content. Those little shoots will be coming when the time is right. Maybe you're a little 'tulip bed' too right now.\:)
That is a beautiful way to say it. Very well put and thank you for reminding us that we all need time now and then to store up inner strength and beauty so we can be ready to bloom where we are planted!!!
Old 10-04-2011, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by wildyard
LOL, I didn't mean to imply I had ever finished my list. I was just saying how I decided which item to choose to tackle next. Lol, I won't be able to finish all the ones I want to do and all my dedicated ones unless I live to be reallyyyyyyyyyyyy reallyyyyyyyyyyyyy old.
I am so happy that you clarified that. :lol: :wink:
Old 10-04-2011, 09:00 AM

All of your to-do quilts are done? I can't imagine! I have a huge stack over here that I could use help with!
Old 10-04-2011, 01:43 PM

Ha,ha, I lose everything, including patterns :wink:
Old 10-05-2011, 06:14 AM

Always, always, have some to-do projects. Always, always adding to my list!!! Vicious circle!!! I usually find a pattern then the fabric!