Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Sizzix Vagabond w/Accuquilt dies?

Sizzix Vagabond w/Accuquilt dies?

Does anyone know if the Accuquilt rag dies will work with the Sizzix Vagabond cutting system?

I've done some research on this but unfortunately I haven't been able to determine the width of the Vagabond 'carriage' nor can I determine the outside dimensions of the Accuquilt rag dies.

If the dies fit the Vagabond, would spacers be needed to get the right thickness for the dies - or - is the thickness of the dies already too thick for the Vagabond?

It would be kind of neat to be able to use the Sizzix Vagabond (electric powered) with the Accuquilt dies...

Any input would be appreciated!

Shari

Hi Shari --- Check out the web site "I Have a Notion" (IHAN). This site has a really good discussion of die cutting machines and which manufacturers' dies can work in which machine(s). IHAN also posted a video showing the Vagabond cutting fabric on You Tube. Good luck!

I bought the Vagabond only to find that the Accuquilt dies are about 1/4 inch too wide. They can be cut down but that is quite a job. My son refuses to do anymore (he's only done one). You do need something to use as a spacer also. I am very sorry that I ever bought the Vagabond.

I have heard you have to cut them down for them to work

Sizzix does have a lot of quilting dies comparable to accuquilt

Does anyone know if Sizzix can cut strips for quilting? I would like to make 2 1/2" strips.