Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Sleepin' under store-bought >
  • Sleepin' under store-bought

• Sleepin' under store-bought

Old 05-29-2010, 07:25 AM

I am the same. We have a store bought quilt on our bed. Everything I make I give away.
    I do also have one in the works but need to quilt and bind. Just never seem to get to it.
    Old 05-29-2010, 07:39 AM

I'm working on a 100"x100" log cabin quilt for our queen size bed. Am hand quilting it & all most done. Then on goes the border & on to the bed. I do think this is the last time I tackle one this big. It's a bit much to handle when quilting. Unless I decide to have it quilted on a long-arm. But then it wouldn't seem the same as if I'd made the entire thing. Already have the fabric for my next large throw.
    Old 05-29-2010, 07:40 AM

I'm working on a 100"x100" log cabin quilt for our queen size bed. Am hand quilting it & all most done. Then on goes the border & on to the bed. I do think this is the last time I tackle one this big. It's a bit much to handle when quilting. Unless I decide to have it quilted on a long-arm. But then it wouldn't seem the same as if I'd made the entire thing. Already have the fabric for my next large throw.
    Old 05-29-2010, 12:40 PM

No way do I sleep under store bought blankets or quilts. I rotate them by the seasons. I love my quilts. I also have wallhangings in all my rooms. I donated one I had no use for to a local library who needed one for their seminar room. Since then I have been tutoring adults to read and we meet in the seminar room and I love looking at that wall hanging.
    Old 05-29-2010, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by MegsAnn
    Are there any other quilters out there who find themselves sewing every day.... but still sleep under store-bought blankets? My hubby finally yelled out to me today "MAKE SOMETHING USEFUL!" I told him I do, I just give those big ones away. Whoops! I guess I'd better finish one for our bed now, huh?
    Yes, We still use store bought. And my husband tells me the same thing all the time too. I too am always giving stuff away.
    Old 05-29-2010, 02:50 PM

Everything I've made I've given away. I'd love to have one for our bedinstead of store bought, but right now a California King seems just too daunting. I have several designed in my head though. :-)
    Old 05-29-2010, 03:11 PM

I have a store bought and what I call my ugly quilt. Its made up of a large peice of poly cotton (ugly) and another on the back. I put it on my frame when I first got it set up so I would have something to try it out on. I couldn't waste it so it went on my bed.
    Old 05-29-2010, 03:14 PM

NO TUCKING! Wear and tear are not something that I want.

I make my quilts to fit that way. Hospital corners on the rest of the bedding ( I live in Maine) but the quilt is left in it's own glorious untucked state. Who wants to hide anything that you've worked so hard to make?
    Old 05-29-2010, 03:42 PM

Store Bought?? Ummmm kinda guilty.
    Hubby & I have our own blanket. We share (when COLD out) an old double knit UGLY & I mean UGLY quilt. I made it years ago from MIL old clothes, she out grew. You know the old double knit from the 70's...LOL
    Lime green solid is the most prominent color. BUT hey.... double knit is very warm. Got a flannel sheet on the back.

Have thought about making a cali king for our bed. Thinking I am going to put zippers in it, so I can unzip it to wash & I don't tear up the washing machine. :)
    Still in the 'thinking' process.
    Old 05-29-2010, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Happy Needler
    I have a king size bed with a store bought quilt and then a smaller quilt on top that I made. I Made a king size one and my son-in-law requested it so how could I tell him it was for me. I mean really, how often does your son-in-law like your work so much that he would make a requst like that. I am planning another for my bed and hope to get it there this time to replace the smaller one. The pictures are of the smaller quilt are on a queen bed just to take the pictures. It now sits on top of my king bed. The picture of the large egg money quilt with the scalloped edged is the king quilt that I gave to my son-in-law.
    Your small quilt on top of the queen is just gorgeous. Nice that it matches the larger one as well. I can see why s-i-l would like to have your work in his bedroom! Let everyone know the next one is for you! Beautiful work.