Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Slightly annoyed with my self >

Slightly annoyed with my self

Slightly annoyed with my self

Old 06-02-2010, 03:33 AM

Bright side--- You didn't sew them that way.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:34 AM
Power Poster

LOL, I always do that stuff if I try to work on things late at night....think my mind is half asleep!
Old 06-02-2010, 03:45 AM
Banned

Why don't you make a square of the backward sewing and one of the right side sewing for the back and call them Before After. You can have a lot of fun explaining what they mean.

On the other hand you can make the entire quilt backwards and call it Creativity. I've done the same thing as you but certainly not to the extent. Usually mine is one or two strips in the middle of a queen size quilt.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:47 AM

oh... sorry. I've made similar mistakes. Try so hard to be more careful also!!
Old 06-02-2010, 03:55 AM
JJs
Banned

look at it this way - with this forum you at least know you aren't the only one that's ever done that....
as Patrice said, I usually discover it's wrong AFTER I've sewn it....
Old 06-02-2010, 04:15 AM
Power Poster

Awwwwwwww what a bummer!!! I've done that more than I care to remember!! BIG HUGS to you and hope the rest of your week off is lots better :)
Old 06-02-2010, 05:01 AM
Pam

Wow, good save, some time lost, but way better than getting THAT up close and personal with your sem ripper. Your dog is too cute, was she helping?
Old 06-02-2010, 05:31 AM
Google Goddess

oh no, that is aweful, rip rip rip
Old 06-02-2010, 05:38 AM

Aren't you brave! (for owning up to the mistake) And you have my blessings. I am such a clutz. I bolt into a project, thinking I have studied it out, layed it out, arranged and second checked everything. Then.....I sew, Happy and singing in my soul. As soon as I feel confident and look down, I see disaster. I have a sister inlaw who always wants to know about my disasters, like sewing the strips the wrong side. Until her baby became four years old, I thought that is the most perfect person. She made curtains for her bedroom and they looked perfect. That little girl told me that her mom said the nasty word and went to Penney's to get the curtains !!!! sheesh! I like it MY WAY, don't you? Keep at it, you'll have it done in no time at all. Blessings, Ruth
Old 06-02-2010, 08:36 AM
Power Poster

I wouldn't pin strips together at all before sewing! I "finger pin", just holding the strips together with my fingers. I place the strips together, put them under the presser foot, perhaps take a couple of stitches to secure them, then "finger pin" about 10 inches from the needle, holding the strips together with my fingers as they are fed to the needle. My other hand guides the fabric. When my fingers get close to the needle, I stop and "finger pin" again. It saves a lot of time!

Also, I have placed a seam guide next to my needle so I don't have to sweat the perfect scant 1/4-inch seam. I stack pieces of moleskin (found in the foot department of drugstores) so I can but the strips up against this stop as I sew. Allows me to sew much faster with less eye stress and greater accuracy.