Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Smack yourself on the head moment...

Blog Entries
    We're all laughing WITH you! Welcome to my world.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Connie Merritt
    Thanks everyone, you have made me feel that I belong and that I am sane; Sometimes anyway. I sooooooooo often put something someplace (because I just know I will remember where I put it), of course I do not find it for ages. Now I have a new way of finding stuff; first, I ask St Anthony, then I ask God, and then I ask my in heaven husband. I hope you believe this, I find what I am looking for each time and one the same day.
    Could you and they help me find my pink thimble, please? :|

Don't feel bad about missing that there was a leaf for your table. Writing some thing like that or any other information that is given through this forum, make us curious, Many of us will check their dining table, their ironing board.So thank you for mentioning it.

I have had my van for ten years and also discovered that we had a cup holder under where the ashtray would be. I have my controls there, for my van is handicapp accessiable, My husband found it taking out the the panel to see why my heater had only one setting. He then asked me if I wanted to take out the consel he had brought me. I said , "No". My seats are removable for a wheelchair if and when I need it. Love the storage space to keep my JoAnn Fabric ads in it. I have a tendency to forget them if I don't put them in the van. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsie
    After whining to self for year about needing more table space I realized there is a 18" leaf under my table that I can raise!
    Sounds just like my moment yesterday when I finally moved my 6' wooden folding table downstairs from storage!!

Thanks everyone, you have made me feel that I belong and that I am sane; Sometimes anyway. I sooooooooo often put something someplace (because I just know I will remember where I put it), of course I do not find it for ages. Now I have a new way of finding stuff; first, I ask St Anthony, then I ask God, and then I ask my in heaven husband. I hope you believe this, I find what I am looking for each time and one the same day.
    Hi Kitsie, I will (right now) ask my three helpers to help you find your pink thimble. Okay, St. Anthony, you too God, and my beloved husband, I know its not me at this time, but a fellow quilter lost her pink thimble so I ask the three of you to help her find it. Now don't disappoint me after I bragged about how much you three help me. So I am hoping to "pay it forward" for Kitsie. Amen to you and thank you for helping my friend.

Blog Entries

Hi Kitsie, I will (right now) ask my three helpers to help you find your pink thimble. Okay, St. Anthony, you too God, and my beloved husband, I know its not me at this time, but a fellow quilter lost her pink thimble so I ask the three of you to help her find it. Now don't disappoint me after I bragged about how much you three help me. So I am hoping to "pay it forward" for Kitsie. Amen to you and thank you for helping my friend.
    Thank you, my sweet! Will let you know when they find it!

My BFF and I were talking about counted cross stitch one day and how much we hate doing a few stitches and then changing colors and rethreading all the time. Her mother overheard us and said "use two needles". Dah!! I have a whole pack of them, just never thought to thread more than one at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Don't you just love those discoveries but at the same time it makes you feel dumb. I have a lot of those moments.
    They're called 'Senior Moments', but I've noticed a lot of people who are ot seniors have these moments too!

:lol:

It always tickles me to know that there are other people out there, that haves moments like mine....

Power Poster
    Better late than never.

Blog Entries
    After whining to self for year about needing more table space I realized there is a 18" leaf under my table that I can raise!
    Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! :lol: :lol: :lol:

congrats on figuring that out, see you just had to think about it for awhile

I've been asking St. Anthony for help finding our spare truck keys for 5 years; I don't think he's going to come thru but I'll keep asking.

Kathy

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Kistie you are just to funny, what a perfect quilt space. God bless.

You will feel silly about it for a while. Just smile and enjoy your Eureka find

Quote Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Don't you just love those discoveries but at the same time it makes you feel dumb. I have a lot of those moments.
    YES!! LOL

I love moments like that! yay for your new found space!

I have done the same thing. Thanks for letting us know

that we are not the only one , Who just did not know.
    ha ha ha !!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Having come from Lancaster County, Pa. and moving outside of Springfield, Mo. I found that I had no neighbors except a young friendly deaf couple. We communicated by my posting a chalkboard in my mudroom entrance. I had no idea how my Pa. Dutch dialect could not be interpreted by a deaf man who did not understand "dialect". He came to me one day and wrote, "My truck broke in town". I wrote back, "Do you want me to run you over?". He got wide-eyed and started backing out my door and yelling "No!". I was puzzled until my DH entered and laughingly pointed toward the chalkboard. Poor kid must have thought I was out to kill him.......

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PensyDutch
    Having come from Lancaster County, Pa. and moving outside of Springfield, Mo. I found that I had no neighbors except a young friendly deaf couple. We communicated by my posting a chalkboard in my mudroom entrance. I had no idea how my Pa. Dutch dialect could not be interpreted by a deaf man who did not understand "dialect". He came to me one day and wrote, "My truck broke in town". I wrote back, "Do you want me to run you over?". He got wide-eyed and started backing out my door and yelling "No!". I was puzzled until my DH entered and laughingly pointed toward the chalkboard. Poor kid must have thought I was out to kill him.......
    Only one who lives near Lancaster County and has in-laws (my daughter's in-laws) from there would understand. I laugh to myself every time my daughter's mother-in-law (also my best friend) says something like, "Till I get the laundry done I am all tired out." Huhhhhh?!?!?

This is the best place to come, because everyone is in the same boat. Nobody knows what they are doing. lol

Blog Entries
    Jah, twas me that twas all ferhoodled.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaK
    Love it! Last year I hurt my foot and found that my machine has a button that can control the motor without having to step on the foot pedal! Did I mention that I've had this machine since 1989?!!!
    Love it! Me too! And I read the manual, how did I miss that??

Blog Entries
    Got hired on at a deli in Australia and when I started the next day one guy asked me if I got a good screw!! ('Stralian for wage.)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast