Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Smack yourself on the head moment...

Dee
    Congrats on your find.

I misplaced my album from my son's wedding. DH said that i left it somewhere-i said if i did they would've returned it. My friend said is it in your suitcase b/c i had taken it to ladies retreat. i said no b/c i had it in a different bag not the suitcase. well after about a year and a half, i was straightening the Dump room(where everything gets tossed) b/c we were putting a couple of bookcases in there. and i was moving the suitcase and i noticed the outside pocket was unzipped. i thought i'd zip it so it wouldn't bag. stuck my hand in there and -you got it- there was the album!! I ran downstairs shrieking to my DH that i had found it. Apparently i had put it in the pocket b/c i was taking a bunch of stuff upstairs at once and it was easier tocarry that way. Why I didn't take it out is beyond me. Anyway i was very happy. Unfortunately it happens all too often!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsie
    After whining to self for year about needing more table space I realized there is a 18" leaf under my table that I can raise!
    LOL, mine is under my bed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SherrieDLux
    After whining to self about my first queen size quilt and having to do the binding, I saw my ironing board with adjustable heights and used it and was amazed how well it supported my quilt!
    A combination of a folding card table and ironing board works well, too. Then I just have to figure out how to get in and out of my sewing room ~ ~

I call it "a flat forehead moment", it is when you slap your forehead and go duh. I had a car once, that I had for several months before realizing that the car alarm I was hearing was from my car that dh activated by mistake.

Banned
    yes!!! almost every car I have ,when I sell I usually find something I didn't know it had got!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Several years ago I hid my pearls when we went on a trip. I'd never done that before, so I don't know what possessed me. Couldn't remember where I hid them, and I looked in every place I could think of from the attic to the basement of our too-big house - and of course I didn't tell DH. I accidentally found them 2 years later behind the books in an upstairs corner bookcase that I rarely bother to dust the 'right' way.

same here after griping to hubby that i need my machine set down in a stand or one made for it for support of the big stuff it dawned on me i can use my ironing board for my machine puts the project right at the right height just need a better ironing board tho.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by angieh1964
    same here after griping to hubby that i need my machine set down in a stand or one made for it for support of the big stuff it dawned on me i can use my ironing board for my machine puts the project right at the right height just need a better ironing board tho.
    That's a smart idea!! Is it stable enough?

My mother (age 80) says that I am a great comfort to her cause if I have trouble, too - it can't be age, right? Well, I (age 56) find my daughter (age 28) a great comfort - she loses just as much as I do so it can't be age, right? right?

I'm losing keys and debit card all the time. Know they're SOMEWHERE in this house, but have no idea where. My husband fusses - gently - cause he truly never misplaces things. A thing for everything and everything in its place and all that. Well, lost my spare set of car keys last May. Looked all summer - in purses, pants pockets, drawers. Every few days he would ask, "Found those keys yet?" Found them in August - in my husband's car. We are teachers and use my car mostly through the summer. He had picked up my spare keys cause our daughter's house key is on there and he was running by her house. So FINALLY - after 37 years - it wasn't ME that time!

I'm an elementary music teacher - see many classes of kids through the day. I have "job cards" taped to a few chairs in the room. For several years now I've moved those cards every few days to distribute the classroom jobs. Have a problem that the tape I use for them leaves a residue on the chairs and I've battled keeping the goo off. This year it dawned on me that I could .... (are you ready for this?) move the CHAIRS instead of the signs. Oh my. No goo to contend with. Am embarassed every time I do this - that I didn't think of it years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by costumegirl
    Quote Originally Posted by angieh1964
    That's a smart idea!! Is it stable enough?
    not bad if i sew fast so i think i will try to get a better ironing board or make the husband make me somehting along the same lines

Quote Originally Posted by JanTx
    My mother (age 80) says that I am a great comfort to her cause if I have trouble, too - it can't be age, right? Well, I (age 56) find my daughter (age 28) a great comfort - she loses just as much as I do so it can't be age, right? right?

I'm losing keys and debit card all the time. Know they're SOMEWHERE in this house, but have no idea where. My husband fusses - gently - cause he truly never misplaces things. A thing for everything and everything in its place and all that. Well, lost my spare set of car keys last May. Looked all summer - in purses, pants pockets, drawers. Every few days he would ask, "Found those keys yet?" Found them in August - in my husband's car. We are teachers and use my car mostly through the summer. He had picked up my spare keys cause our daughter's house key is on there and he was running by her house. So FINALLY - after 37 years - it wasn't ME that time!

I'm an elementary music teacher - see many classes of kids through the day. I have "job cards" taped to a few chairs in the room. For several years now I've moved those cards every few days to distribute the classroom jobs. Have a problem that the tape I use for them leaves a residue on the chairs and I've battled keeping the goo off. This year it dawned on me that I could .... (are you ready for this?) move the CHAIRS instead of the signs. Oh my. No goo to contend with. Am embarassed every time I do this - that I didn't think of it years ago.
    all i can say is LOL been there done that!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4