Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Smack yourself on the head moment... >

Smack yourself on the head moment...

Smack yourself on the head moment...

Old 09-24-2010, 08:51 AM

We're all laughing WITH you! Welcome to my world.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Connie Merritt
Thanks everyone, you have made me feel that I belong and that I am sane; Sometimes anyway. I sooooooooo often put something someplace (because I just know I will remember where I put it), of course I do not find it for ages. Now I have a new way of finding stuff; first, I ask St Anthony, then I ask God, and then I ask my in heaven husband. I hope you believe this, I find what I am looking for each time and one the same day.
Could you and they help me find my pink thimble, please? :|
Old 09-24-2010, 09:13 AM

Don't feel bad about missing that there was a leaf for your table. Writing some thing like that or any other information that is given through this forum, make us curious, Many of us will check their dining table, their ironing board.So thank you for mentioning it.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:13 AM

I have had my van for ten years and also discovered that we had a cup holder under where the ashtray would be. I have my controls there, for my van is handicapp accessiable, My husband found it taking out the the panel to see why my heater had only one setting. He then asked me if I wanted to take out the consel he had brought me. I said , "No". My seats are removable for a wheelchair if and when I need it. Love the storage space to keep my JoAnn Fabric ads in it. I have a tendency to forget them if I don't put them in the van. LOL
Old 09-24-2010, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Kitsie
After whining to self for year about needing more table space I realized there is a 18" leaf under my table that I can raise!
Sounds just like my moment yesterday when I finally moved my 6' wooden folding table downstairs from storage!!
Old 09-24-2010, 09:53 AM

Thanks everyone, you have made me feel that I belong and that I am sane; Sometimes anyway. I sooooooooo often put something someplace (because I just know I will remember where I put it), of course I do not find it for ages. Now I have a new way of finding stuff; first, I ask St Anthony, then I ask God, and then I ask my in heaven husband. I hope you believe this, I find what I am looking for each time and one the same day.
Hi Kitsie, I will (right now) ask my three helpers to help you find your pink thimble. Okay, St. Anthony, you too God, and my beloved husband, I know its not me at this time, but a fellow quilter lost her pink thimble so I ask the three of you to help her find it. Now don't disappoint me after I bragged about how much you three help me. So I am hoping to "pay it forward" for Kitsie. Amen to you and thank you for helping my friend.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:46 AM

Hi Kitsie, I will (right now) ask my three helpers to help you find your pink thimble. Okay, St. Anthony, you too God, and my beloved husband, I know its not me at this time, but a fellow quilter lost her pink thimble so I ask the three of you to help her find it. Now don't disappoint me after I bragged about how much you three help me. So I am hoping to "pay it forward" for Kitsie. Amen to you and thank you for helping my friend.
Thank you, my sweet! Will let you know when they find it!
Old 09-24-2010, 11:16 AM

My BFF and I were talking about counted cross stitch one day and how much we hate doing a few stitches and then changing colors and rethreading all the time. Her mother overheard us and said "use two needles". Dah!! I have a whole pack of them, just never thought to thread more than one at a time.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Don't you just love those discoveries but at the same time it makes you feel dumb. I have a lot of those moments.
They're called 'Senior Moments', but I've noticed a lot of people who are ot seniors have these moments too!

:lol:
Old 09-24-2010, 11:32 AM

It always tickles me to know that there are other people out there, that haves moments like mine....