Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Small cabinet- Arrow Sewnatra (looking for opinions) >

Small cabinet- Arrow Sewnatra (looking for opinions)

Small cabinet- Arrow Sewnatra (looking for opinions)

Old 06-08-2020, 03:40 AM

Default Small cabinet- Arrow Sewnatra (looking for opinions)

I’m making room for the Tula and need to find a place for my 640. I found an Arrow Sewnatra for less than $100 (used). I think it’s an old model because the door swings to the left (current models swing to the right). I like the Sewnatra because it’s small and has a built-in lift.

Does anyone know if this is a good table or if it’s made cheaply? I’m hoping to get something that will last and won’t sag or where things will start falling off.

Thanks for your thoughts and opinions. Have a great day.

Old 06-08-2020, 06:34 AM
Power Poster

Arrow sewing furniture is good quality. I have the large Arrow sewing table and Arrow wood sewing chair. That is a good price for any Arrow table if in good condition.
Old 06-08-2020, 12:46 PM

I have had the Sewnatra for 9 years. It houses my Brother PC420PRW and has held up quite well. I sometimes have to fidget with the lift if I haven't used it in a while, but otherwise it still works well and looks good. It is sturdy enough that it doesn't shake when I'm running my machine at full speed. There is one thing that I don't like about it that you may want to check out before you buy- leg space within the cabinet. If you're using the machine with a specially made acrylic insert you may find that the leg room to the left is tight. It depends on how the opening for the acrylics insert is cut. I like to sit directly in front of the needle when I'm sewing and with my machine lowered so the bed is flush with the cabinet and the insert in place, I find that my left leg ends up pressed against the side of the cabinet if I sit directly in front of the needle. This isn't a problem when the machine is in the highest position, since I can slide it to the right slightly and have plenty of leg room. I'm not sure if that's a problem with all machines when using the acrylic inserts, or if it's just something about the way mine was cut.

Rob