Smart Hubby >

Smart Hubby

Smart Hubby

Old 04-08-2009, 02:25 AM

Good for you two thumbs up for hubby :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 04-08-2009, 05:21 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by PrettyKitty
Hmmmm.....there are often posts on here about you gals whose husbands have driven them to the fabric store/suprised them with a trip to the LQS/splashed out ona new machine/not complained while you have spent hours drooling over fabrics etc etc.

I hate to sound cynical, but do yoou ever wonder if they are doing it so that in future they can play golf/spend hours in the hardware store/buy the latest power tools/go to the bar when they want and you won't be so hard on them for it?

Hehe, I'm just jealous really as my b/f is still bemused by my 'traditional' hobbies (although he loves the home baking). He wouldn't be seen dead in a quilting shop!
Mine does it because I DO spend hours at his side doing whatever his hobby is and enjoying it with him. Actually we do everything together..so quilting just falls within the group of activities that we both enjoy..I love to "do"..he loves to "look". :wink:
Old 04-08-2009, 05:29 AM

:lol: Sandpat you sound like us. We do alot together. He has woodworking for a passion. After we built our house, he decided to build smaller things. And quilting is something I've enjoyed. So to him a long arm is another tool. lol :wink:
Old 04-08-2009, 05:35 AM

and I thought I have a good husband!! :)
Old 04-08-2009, 06:09 AM

He's definitely a Keeper!
Old 04-08-2009, 10:44 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by PrettyKitty
Hmmmm.....there are often posts on here about you gals whose husbands have driven them to the fabric store/suprised them with a trip to the LQS/splashed out ona new machine/not complained while you have spent hours drooling over fabrics etc etc.

I hate to sound cynical, but do yoou ever wonder if they are doing it so that in future they can play golf/spend hours in the hardware store/buy the latest power tools/go to the bar when they want and you won't be so hard on them for it?

Hehe, I'm just jealous really as my b/f is still bemused by my 'traditional' hobbies (although he loves the home baking). He wouldn't be seen dead in a quilting shop!
My DH actually MADE me a quilted clock for one of our anniversaries. He took a Dresden Plate pattern and changed it to use only 12 sections, he bought the fabric to fit in my sewing room, did all the prep, sewed it and assembled the clock. I cried when I opened that present.

The entire time he was working on it, he made sure that he hid the fabric, but I kept wondering who was playing in my room since things did get moved. One time the bobbin thread was acting up and he called his mother, frantic – MOM, I BROKE HER MACHINE!!!! HELP!!!!! She told me about it later – laughing.

He actually likes the “quilting thing” and loves to go to shows and stores. He advises me when I run into a color or layout snag, and he supports my stash building.

Yes, he does have his own hobbies, and he has his own toys (10” telescope, tools galore, etc) and YES, he has used the argument that he supports the “quilting thing” when he needed me to sign on to something he really wanted (like a camping trailer). But it’s all in good fun. It’s just the two of us and has been for going on 35 years.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:27 PM

*sigh* you all are so lucky to have found such lovely men....it gives me faith in my own beliefs that it is all about give and take. In my family we always joke about my Dad's 'shed'....it is as big as a car garage and he has had it as long as we have had the family home...about 35 years. It is full of 35 years worth of car, garden, cycling and DIY paraphenalia. When you ask 'where's Dad?' the answer from Mom is always 'he's up the shed'! I do think it is the secret of why Mom and Dad are still going strong after 46 years of marriage....each having their own space but supporting each other in the things that they love to do in their spare time.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:47 PM

Lucky you and hang on to that man they are far and few. I do have one like that too.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:48 PM

We've been married 34 years. And it is alot of give & take. It's not such a big secret.
I think we got off the subject of quilting a little bit. :wink: :lol:

Prettykitty you hit it right!!
Madquilter someone shares & sews with you?? How wonderful.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:49 PM

good for him, now fix him a nice dinner and dim the lights you know what i mean.so happy for you :D